New Job Administrative Assistant In Manitoba
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $43,462–$49,704 a year
Location : Manitoba
AY3 Administrative Assistant 3
Municipal Funding and Policy Programs, Outcomes and Strategic Policy
Advertisement Number: 40872
Salary(s): AY3 $43,462.00 - $49,704.00 per year
Closing Date: April 7, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list for similar term or regular vacancies. The eligibility list will remain in effect until exhausted
The Department of Municipal Relations works with municipal partners to build strong and healthy communities. This includes building municipal capacity; supporting municipal core operations, infrastructure, and community development initiatives; supporting community planning and development; and strengthening collaboration and shared solutions with municipalities.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Please click here to access application form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience providing administrative support to leadership, in a fast-paced office environment.
- Experience providing reception duties including screening and directing calls, monitoring general/management email inboxes, and responding to general information requests by email, phone and in-person.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including: Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Experience creating and maintaining physical and electronic files, file management, tracking systems, and databases.
- Strong time management skills to prioritize workload and work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills to enable effective and appropriate communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skill to draft and edit agendas, meeting minutes, other correspondance and authority seeking documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in attendance tracking and time keeping.
- Administrative Assistant Diploma. A combination of related education and administrative experience may be considered.
- Experience reviewing invoices and to prepare documents for payment.
The Administrative Assistant acts as the first point of contact for the office and performs all administrative and/or clerical duties to support Department Management and Departmental Branch Staff. Duties include routing departmental requests/pendings, sending correspondence, drafting memos, preparing agendas/meeting minutes, proofreading government documents, scheduling meetings, file management, monitor email inboxes, and maintain databases. In addition, this role will ensure key deadlines are met and provide first point of contact reception duties (greeting clients, answering general inquiries through phone, in-person and through email).
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Please click here to access application form
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.