New Job Administrative Assistant In Saskatchewan
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $22.32–$27.98 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety, Provincial Protective Services Branch, Saskatchewan Highway Patrol is seeking a candidate who has excellent communication and positive interpersonal skills, with a keen sense for detail and can work in fast-paced environment within tight deadlines with multiple interruptions. For a one year term in Regina. This position will work approximately two to three days per week. As administrative support, the successful candidate will be responsible to carry out financial management and revenue clerk duties, to operate and maintain office equipment; enter and retrieve data using various software programs; maintain records; retrieve and search electronic files for information; receive, sort, and distribute mail; and provide reception services in person and over the phone and as a member of the Saskatchewan Highway Patrol the successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the monitoring and processing transcript packages, with a specific eye to details;
- Have knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database applications, Adobe, MIDAS, Microsoft Word, Excel, email;
- Liaise with the other team members, the supervisor and court offices with respect to transcript packages and the MOVEit program;
- Maintain the transcript services database; and distribute and invoice completed transcripts electronically and by mail to requesting parties;
- Have knowledge of electronic and paper/manual file management (ARMS);
- Be knowledgeable about court related legislation, regulations, acts, legal terminology and policy and procedures related to transcript services and/or collecting and accounting fees received by the unit;
- Have Knowledge of financial accounting principles and procedures;
- Ensure confidentiality of highly sensitive material within and outside the place of work;
- Maintain high level of professionalism during all transactions with stakeholders, requesters, colleagues;
- Required to lift and/or move boxes weighing 10 to 20 kilograms; and
- Assume the role of the Supervisor while they are away.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Effective administration skills, detail oriented, precise, knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software applications and terminology;
- A demonstrated ability to input, update, retrieve, maintain, format, and transmit information using computer software with speed and accuracy;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to accurately type, edit and format various documents, and the ability to use tact and diplomacy when serving clients and colleagues will contribute to your success in this challenging position;
- Handle customers who are unhappy or upset and be able to provide accurate information to the customer in a calm and diplomatic manner;
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills;
- Knowledge and experience with legislation, programs, and processes of the court system, specifically in relation to transcript services; and
- Knowledge of financial management, utilizing Midas AR and Mark View applications and government decision making processes.
As the successful candidate, you must demonstrate good character to maintain the integrity of the justice system and the people it serves and ensure confidentiality within and outside the place of work in accordance with your Oath of Office.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required for this job would be obtained through a formal education program such as office education and/or a combination of education and experience.
We are seeking a candidate who is honest, has integrity, will treat everyone with dignity and respect, will be committed to the pursuit of excellence, will exhibit leadership and professionalism, will embrace diversity and equality and will be responsible and accountable.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the Saskatchewan Public Service core values of respect and integrity; serving citizens, practicing excellence and innovation; and acting as one team, including participating in and contributing to an inclusive workplace culture.