|Administration Support Clerk|
Administration Support Clerk
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $26.87–$31.56 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 36505
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Administration Support Clerk is responsible for providing backfill to a number of administration positions within the TEOD administration work group. Incumbents perform a variety of moderately complex clerical work to support Street Operations and the Traffic, Electrical Operations & Design Branch.
Clerical duties relate to Hansen work/asset data management and SAP time entry and allocation. Other duties include; branch accounts payable and costing transactions, dealing with a variety of requests and enquiries regarding traffic signals, street lights, signs, road marking and other branch operations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Data entry using the following systems: Hansen, SAP, VanMap, POSSE, MS Office and VanDocs
- Creates, updates and close Hansen work orders and service requests for construction and maintenance work in accordance with engineering branch protocols
- Monitors work group specific service request queue in Hansen and ensure that cases are processed within Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Processes, checks and maintains a variety of office records, forms, files, reports, statistics, documents and related material
- Monitors and responds to branch emails from internal and external contacts
- Manages work in progress and completed by the Branch; examines records to determine that the work is complete and costs are accurate
- Assists with identifying, documenting and implementing work process improvements, standardized forms and manuals
- Assists with backfill and backlog support to other clerical positions as required
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in office administration and/or business courses and sound related experience preferably performing administration responsibilities related to time entry for a unionized environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of branch operations, policies, practices and procedures
- Considerable knowledge of Hansen, SAP, VanMap, POSSE, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and VanDocs
- Thorough knowledge of business English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic
- Working knowledge of the City's financial systems
- Skill in data entry and typing (keyboarding) rapidly and accurately (including numerically)
- Excellent attention to detail and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong written communication skills, as well as proficient reading comprehension ability
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work to meet deadlines and with high accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and handle a varied workload in a busy environment with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities
- Adaptability and flexible work ethic which enables the incumbent to transition to multiple roles
- Ability to work independently and take action in solving problems while exhibiting good judgement
- Ability to provide accurate information, in a tactful manner to the public and internal stakeholders
The City’s COVID-19 vaccination policy is currently suspended and as a result, vaccination against COVID-19 is not required at this time. However, should circumstances change and the City deem it necessary to re-introduce such policy, you may be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be eligible to continue performing your duties.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: March 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $26.87 to $31.56 per hour
Application Close: March 17, 2023
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.