|Admin Support 2 - Landfill|
Admin Support 2 - Landfill
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $23.41–$25.56 an hour
Location : Alberta
Admin Support 2 – Landfill
(1 Position Available)
Term of Employment:
Rate of Pay:
Band 2: $23.41 - $25.56 per hour (Subject to CUPE 1015 Agreement)
Report to the Landfill Supervisor, the Admin Support 2 serves as the first point of contact for customers depositing waste at the City of Lloydminster’s Landfill. This position is responsible to calculate payments, screen loads, answer phone calls, assisting other administrative duties, and ensure the overall safety of the customer and other employees through observation and adherence to safety procedures and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet customer, direct customers and other traffic to appropriate disposal sites.
- Check vehicles in and out of the Landfill site and determine nature of material disposal.
- Direct the flow of traffic in accordance with Landfill drop-off procedures.
- Accept cash, debit and credit card payments for site disposal.
- Answer any inquiries both in-person and over the phone.
- Approach all encounters with customers in a service-oriented manner.
- Deposit and balance cash sales into the safety deposit box.
- Count cash from sales and prepare cash float for the next day.
- Prepare cash summary from Point of Sale and deposit for Accounting.
- Process and input accounts receivable for corporate customers.
- Provide reports to commercial clients for monthly charges and drop-offs.
- Track residential loads and daily disposal for drop-offs.
- General administrative duties, including: filing, faxing, email and photocopying.
- Complete daily reports and payables for compuweigh
- Complete minutes for staff and safety meetings.
- General administrative duties, including: filing, faxing, email, and photocopying
- Other related duties from time to time as required.
This position requires shift work. Summer Schedule, 7 days on, 7 days off. Winter 6 days on, 8 days off.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Post secondary certificate in Business Administration from a recognized institution is required.
- Minimum one year prior experience in an administrative position.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; both verbal and written to interpret data and guide customers to physical locations. Has effective phone and email etiquette.
- Responsible, reliable and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including: tact, diplomacy, flexibility and conflict resolution.
- Ability to document and record information accurately.
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Possess a high standard of confidentiality.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
- Applicants with international education will be required to include an Academic Credential Assessment with application
March 22, 2023
Internal & External
The City of Lloydminster is an equal opportunity employer. If you have questions or require further information on this position, please contact us. All applications must be sent to the Employee Relations team and received by the closing date. The City has a COVID-19 Vaccination and Rapid Testing Directive in place. Successful applicants will need to disclose their vaccination status.
HR Generalist, Employee Relations
City of Lloydminster
4420 50 Avenue
Lloydminster AB/SK T9V 0W2
Internal Candidate Email: [email protected]
External Candidates Apply at: www.lloydminster.ca/jobs
Posting Date: March 8, 2023