New Job Action Bus Dispatcher In Alberta
|Action Bus Dispatcher|
Action Bus Dispatcher
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $34.34 an hour
Location : Alberta
The City of Red Deer is currently recruiting for an Action Bus Dispatcher. Under the general direction of the Senior Operations Supervisor, Conventional Bus; the Action Bus Dispatcher takes trip booking requests from registered customers and assigns, organizes and prepares daily work schedules for all Action Bus and backup contracted services.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Windows, spreadsheets, databases and word processing software.
- One year of related experience in booking, scheduling and dispatch in specialized transit environment.
- Must have the ability to successfully complete training of Trapeze scheduling software (knowledge of PASS would be an asset).
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and constructively with department staff members, other city departments, the public and lead by example.
- Supervisory experience is desirable.
- Exposure to persons with physical and cognitive disabilities and seniors would be a definite asset.
General knowledge of business office functions.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Bilingualism and Database knowledge would be an asset.
- Good working knowledge of the geographical area of the city.
Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 569
$34.34 per hour
Hours of Work:
80 hours biweekly; shift work, evening, and weekend work will be required.We thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.