New Job Work Where You Live - Join Our Retail Banking Team In Alberta
|Work where you live - Join our Retail Banking team|
Work where you live - Join our Retail Banking team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 169415
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Work where you live - join our Retail Banking team
Looking for a new career opportunity closer to home?
If making a real difference in people’s lives motivates you, and you’d love a clear path
for career development, why not join one of the Top 25 World’s Best Workplaces?
Scotiabank is looking for talented, caring people just like you to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
Maybe you’ve never considered working for Scotiabank before, or even a bank for that matter. So, allow us to share a few reasons why we think you’d love working here:
We might be in the business of banking, but we strive to be human first. You’ll find our leaders to be caring, down-to-earth, and relatable. They are here to support and inspire you to become your best.
- A great work schedule close to home - choose part time or full-time hours. No matter what’s best for you, our culture is one where you won’t be expected to answer emails if you’re not at work.
- Generous total compensation plans - competitive salary, annual bonus, pension and employee shareholder plans. Flexible health benefits start from day 1 and include health, dental, wellness and mental health coverage of $10k per employee annually (for permanent employees working at least 7.5 hours per week).
- We deeply value diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We offer a stable, respectful, and professional work environment where it is psychologically safe to be yourself.
- We’ll help you make a smooth transition into a rewarding career in banking with a comprehensive training program, paid external courses, and colleagues who are happy to lend a hand.
- We make progression easy! As you grow your career, our unique Elevate program offers a clear development path for advisor roles. Employees don’t need to go through a recruitment process; they advance to the next level based on hitting clear, objective performance targets.
Don’t just take our word for it; we’re proud to be externally recognized as a top employer with several awards including Best Workplaces in Canada and the World.
What does Retail Banking do?
Our Retail Banking team help millions of Canadians reach their financial goals through our retail branch network in hundreds of communities across Canada. We provide a full suite of personal and small business financial advice and banking solutions for a wide range of customers, from students to seniors. Our client focus strikes a balance of performance and service – it’s about tailored advice to meet customer needs, not just hitting sales quotas.
Here are some of the roles we’re hiring for:
- Customer Experience Associate (all levels, up to leadership). As the face, character and heart of our branches, you’ll greet clients, help them with transactions, solve their concerns, and share your knowledge to help them better manage their banking needs (part time or full-time hours).
- Financial Advisor. You’ll nurture long-standing relationships with clients to help them achieve their financial goals, whether that’s through day-to-day banking solutions, credit, loans, or investments. Your insights and expert advice will enable you to build comprehensive holistic plans for a variety of different needs and life stages.
- Small Business Advisor. You’ll be your clients’ right-hand expert for all things a small business needs to succeed. You’ll become an anchor in your local community, providing comprehensive advice for a range of high value and complex businesses.
- Mortgage Advisor (Home Financing Advisor). Help clients finance the biggest purchase of their lives! We offer unique lead generation, marketing and social selling programs, and an underwriting model that is faster and more rewarding for all team members, including you.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Great people skills. You love meeting people and know how to build trust and deepen relationships with a wide variety of people. You bring warmth, empathy and great listening skills, and truly love finding the right solution to meet different needs.
- You’d love to help make a difference in people’s financial and therefore, personal lives.
- You have high integrity and value responsibility. You enjoy being part of a team who work together collaboratively to do the right thing for each client.
- Demonstrated success in a target-based performance environment.
- You’re self-motivated and ready for more growth, reward, and accomplishment.
- While financial experience is a plus, it’s certainly not a requirement. We encourage expressions of interest if you have a background in retail, customer service, sales, hospitality, tourism or management.
If you’re interested in exploring a career with us, answer a few questions, share your resume, and hit apply. Our Talent Acquisition team will review your application shortly and be in touch.
Thank you for your interest in Scotiabank.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Edmonton
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.