|Test Specialist - Custom Applications|
Test Specialist - Custom Applications
Company : IBM
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM’ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work. IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
We are looking for candidates who will work closely with the Test Specialist.
Test Specialist support testing by addressing data related defects, providing any potential new data required as a result of changes and performing data maintenance activities as project moves through various levels of testing. At the end of test execution, the Test Specialist performs end of testing tasks to harvest potential re-usable test data assets for future projects.
- Designs, develops and documents functional and non-functional test cases
- Executes and documents functional and/or non-functional test cases according to the testing path chosen
- Executes manual and/or automated test cases according to the test path chosen
- Works closely with the test lead, software architect and contributes in defining the optimum test solution
- Reports, tracks and retests defects
- Understands the test strategy and ensures that every task is fulfilled according to it
- Provides test estimates and supports the test lead with input for the test reporting, test documentation and planning
- Enhanced Security Clearance is Required
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Software Testing in at least one of the testing paths described above
- Experience in test method, test design, test execution, test documentation, reporting and specification
- Experience in understanding, creating and adapting the test architecture
- Experience in understanding, creating and adapting the test strategy
- Design, creation and execution of functional and/or non-functional test cases
- Design, creation and execution of manual and/or automated test cases
- General Overview on the Software Development Lifecycle
- Enhanced Security Clearance is Required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Nice to have:
- Experience in technologies like (or similar to): XML, Integration Bus, SOA, Cloud, JEE, UML, Architecture Modelling, Integration Architecture, Linux, Jenkins
- Experience in tools like (or similar to): Confluence, JIRA, Selenium, Test Data Management Tools, Performance Testing Tools
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM