|Temporary Handibus Driver (18-month contract)|
Temporary Handibus Driver (18-month contract)
Company : City of Brooks
Salary : $25.28–$27.64 an hour
Location : Alberta
Welcome to the City of 100 Hellos! We are a welcoming and inclusive community and one of the most culturally diverse communities in Alberta, with a population of 14,924 and another 11,000 in the surrounding area. We have a vibrant and friendly business community, a range of ethnic restaurants and a myriad of recreational opportunities. The Brooks area offers a diverse landscape; we have pristine farms, beautiful lakes and a huge valley of hills and hoodoos!
Why work for the City of Brooks? For starters, you can take great pride in our organization, our positive work culture and our exceptional team of talented professionals who accomplish outstanding work each and every day for our citizens. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team that is professional, fun, dedicated and passionate about health and wellness. Our employees receive many benefits, some of which being, able to participate in gym memberships and educational opportunities. Please view our City of Brooks Careers Corner page for more details.
The City of Brooks requires one (1) Handibus Driver in the Administration Department for an 18-month contract with the City. This position is covering a maternity leave.
Job Details & Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for providing safe and timely transportation for all patrons of the City of Brooks Handibus. The Handibus Driver is also responsible for daily customer service with patrons and members of the public. The Handibus driver will provide administrative assistance to the Dispatcher/Scheduler on an as needed basis.
1. Completion of a High School Diploma or equivalent;
2. Valid Class 2 or 4 Driver’s Licence;
3. Clean Commercial Vehicle Drivers Abstract;
4. Standard First Aid and CPR Certification;
5. Excellent public relations and interpersonal skills;
6. Basic cash accounting skills;
7. Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office;
8. Strong working knowledge of various community locations;
9. Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations;
10. Subject to a criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector Check; and,
11. Subject to a child welfare check.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The City of Brooks offers a competitive salary and benefits package with this position falling within the scope of the Collective Agreement between the City of Brooks and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 1032.
- The 2023 salary range for this position is $25.28 to $27.64 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time position. There is possible weekend, and overtime hours of work. The Collective Agreement including wages can be found online at www.brooks.ca.
- Additionally, you will receive a free family membership to the JBS Canada Centre during your term of employment as well as access to Bandits games and concerts/events if required to work those evenings and weekends to transport patrons.
A clean criminal records check, child welfare check and a driver’s abstract will be required before an offer of employment is presented to the successful candidate.
The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Brooks is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $25.28-$27.64 per hour