New Job Tax Reviewer - Seasonal Contract (March - May 2023) - Toronto In Ontario
|Tax Reviewer - Seasonal Contract (March - May 2023) - Toronto
Tax Reviewer - Seasonal Contract (March - May 2023) - Toronto
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tax Reviewer – Seasonal Contract (Remote Opportunity)
Applicants living outside of Ontario are welcome to apply.
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Reviewer, you will be a part of our Private Client Services (PCS) practice and our Enterprise Tax group. These two tax practices at EY offers a professional work environment and an opportunity to work within a Big 4 firm while being part of an entrepreneurial practice. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to work for a few months during the year and who would like to form a long lasting relationship with EY.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Reviewer, you will work on personal tax returns for shareholders, managers and entrepreneurs for a wide variety of small owner managed clients and private entities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Identify planning opportunities and prepare correspondence describing the income tax implications of implementing transactions
- Research client issues that arise from planning or compliance work using a variety of on-line sources
- Coaching and mentoring more junior staff to execute assignments with accuracy and completeness
- Liaise with the client’s legal counsel
- Review personal, trust and corporate tax returns
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues
- Correspond with audit managers, staff and/or clients in answering clients’ specific personal, trust or corporate tax queries or about matters that arise from compliance or planning work
- Prepare tax election forms
- Assist and manage the administration of personal and trust tax compliance seasons
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Undergrad business degree or diploma; professional accounting designation is preferred
- 4+ years previous experience with preparing and reviewing Canadian personal tax returns
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure
- The ability to work regular work week hours
- The flexibility to work additional hours
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of TaxPrep software would be an asset
- Previous experience with CCH research tools would be an asset
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.