|Tax Assembler - Seasonal Contract (March-May 2023) - Toronto|
Tax Assembler - Seasonal Contract (March-May 2023) - Toronto
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Seasonal Tax Assembler, you will be a part of our Private Client Services (PCS) practice during the busy season. You will be provided with an opportunity to work within a Big 4 firm while being part of an entrepreneurial practice. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to work for a few months during the year and who would like to form a long lasting relationship with EY.
Your key responsibilities
As a Seasonal Tax Assembler, you will provide administrative support in the processing of personal tax returns for shareholders, managers and entrepreneurs for a wide variety of small owner managed clients and private entities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Photocopying and scanning of tax returns and associated documentation (i.e. T4 slips, investment receipts, etc.)
- Electronic filing of such documents into our TED (Tax Electronic Documents) system
- Collating of tax returns with correct schedules and attachments provided to the correct parties
- Typing letters
- Arranging couriers
- Creating paper files and transportation of such to other staff and records management department
To qualify for the role you must have
- High school graduation
- Correctly determining which forms/schedules go to which recipient (i.e. CRA versus client versus file copy)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work fast at very meticulous work for long periods of time
- Works well under pressure
- Able to work overtime
- Enjoys repetitive tasks
- Intermediate level understanding of MS Office Word and beginner level use of MS Excel
- Able to navigate and use MS Windows XP folders and files and quick to learn other in house electronic filing systems
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- must be available to work Monday - Friday during the day, with the possibility of overtime
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Some office experience; preferably 3 months - 1 year
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.