Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
PRIVACY: Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 302, as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, 125 Syndicate Ave Suite 42, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H8, Telephone: 625-3866
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Supervisor – Design & Field Engineering and the technical direction and guidance of the Field Technologist, assists with surveying and inspections on construction jobs.
- Assists in construction layout and tie-ins.
- Performs field inspections using Ontario Provincial Specification Standards (OPSS) and City Engineering Standards and construction contracts.
- Maintains accurate daily contract diaries to accounting or legal standard.
- Prepares daily Inspector's Report and Material Reports used for cost control.
- Interprets contract documents and construction drawings.
- Participates in the sampling and testing of construction materials.
- Plots profiles and cross sections for grades and volumes.
- Assists in total stations surveying.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Diploma in civil engineering technology; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of survey instrument use, engineering computations, mathematical formulas, tables and equations, and micro computers.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- May be required to travel to various work locations and provide own transportation
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)