New Job Surface Leadhand In Ontario
Company : Agnico Eagle Mines Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
If you thrive on success and team work in a team culture, Agnico Eagle offers career opportunities on a global scale. We provide rewarding and challenging work that will help you grow your skills and your career. Agnico Eagle is committed to creating meaningful opportunities for our employees and we encourage everyone who works for us to contribute to their full potential. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We provide a safe work environment and seek to ensure all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, free from harassment, discrimination, bullying and retaliation. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Disability-related accommodations during the application and selection process are available upon request. Interested? We hope you are.
Location: Macassa Mine, Kirkland Lake, ON
Rotation: 7/7 Schedule
This role is not a Camp Based opportunity.
WHAT DO YOU VALUE IN A CAREER?
At Agnico Eagle, our values never waver. We believe in trust, respect, equality, family and responsibility. Why? Because they express who we are and they have helped us succeed in business for over 60 years.
WHAT DOES AGNICO EAGLE VALUE?
We value you – your unique set of skills and experience. We value your willingness to build those skills and make a meaningful contribution to our company. And, we value your commitment to treat every person on our team with respect, helping us to operate safely, protect the environment and make a positive contribution to our local communities.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Macassa Mine, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Surface Leadhand to join our Surface Operations team.
The Macassa Mine is a high-grade gold producer, with grade improving at depth, and a key valuation driver for Agnico Eagle. Located in the Town of Kirkland Lake, Ontario, the Macassa Mine remains one of the highest gold grade mines in the world. Macassa commenced operations in 2002, and with the discovery of the South Mine Complex has been able to increase its level of production significantly over the past five years. The mine is located in an area with well-developed infrastructure, including a provincial highway, a railway system and a private airport. High-grade ore is processed at the Macassa Mill, which currently has available capacity and is located in close proximity to the mine.
The Surface Leadhand is part of a team that encompass the civil operation requirements for the Mine/Mill. It is not limited to but includes, truck haulage, loading, unloading, timely delivery of goods and services. In addition to seasonal construction and preparation (winterization) to ensure the site surface activities support and anticipate the needs of the Mine site, and relevant Mill operations support. Activities including short haulage, drainage construction and related civil works are part of the surface role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform role consistent with the Health & Safety Training Classification Guideline Surface Operations eg induction competent & passed out on relevant machinery
- Schedule works to be sequenced to meet operational needs
- Operate Machinery – Haulage, Generator, Pump & Compressor, Forklift, Loader, Grader or Excavator
- Tailings operation, pipe work, welding, spigot moving (tails flow/beaching), wall construction
- Dangerous Goods materials handling (binder)
- Safely operate machinery where people are potentially present, required to always meet all safety protocols eg positive contact
- Operate Equipment in a manner to preserve its best condition whilst remaining productive
- Have a clean and clear work area
- Work with understanding of 5S: Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain
- Work with principles of teamwork, displaying these daily
- Communicate effectively, displaying this daily
- Be prepared to assist in all roles that are required and responding appropriately to these needs, including seasonal activity, shoveling snow, spreading sand, enabling safe access to work for others
- Support the smooth running of the mine/mill, appreciating that is our role
- Computer work, filling out reports and INX
- Ability to fill in as a spare supervisor when the supervisor is off
- Train others where applicable to ensure competent operations and documentation of competency is retained for audit and training records
- Ability to support paste filling operation
- Other duties from time to time
Our ideal candidate has:
- Appropriate license for operations in role:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in mineral processing, mining or quarrying operations, with significant skill in mobile equipment operations
- Minimum 1 years’ experience operating fixed plant or mobile equipment of a similar nature to that of the operation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) is essential
- Capacity to coach, mentor, and support others
- Valid and clean G class License (Minimum)
- Ability to lift and carry loads up to a maximum of 50 lbs
- Work in environmental extremes for over 60 consecutive minutes (e.g. very cold, or variable weather)
- Constantly sit, stand, walk, bend, reach, squat, kneel, crawl and/or climb stairs.
- Frequently push, pull, lift, lower, hold, and or restrain an object.
- Access and egress vehicles that require arm extension and flexion to achieve access/egress
- Care and caution accessing and egressing equipment that will invariably be on uneven ground
- Capacity to support personal body weight trough upper torso as above
- Core strength to support lower back due to role type operating machinery for extended periods
- Fatigue management related to shift work
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive salary
- Group benefits package
- Training and learning opportunities
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.
Together, we are Going for Gold in everything that we do and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team.