Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $71,989–$79,369 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Corporate Financial Services
Term: 1 Permanent Full Time position(s) available.
Closing Date: 02/09/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 59
This position coordinates, evaluates and maintains information needed to promote maximum effectiveness. The administration and technical accuracy of systems and data are essential for all levels of management in order to provide effective management decisions. Ensuring adequate controls and processes are in place to capture, report, and electronically transfer operational data to all levels of management and satisfy departmental and corporate system requirements are fundamental.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides statistical and financial information to management and provides assistance in the interpretation of relevant information for operational decision making.
- Performs accounting functions, including reconciliations of the bank and general ledgers, rate analysis and expenditure evaluations of financial systems of the division.
- Ensures data is collected, retained and entered into the correct application and provides comparative analysis of financial information for budget control.
- Assists in ensuring the day-to-day integrity of management and operating reports generated by Departmental systems.
- Trains staff in the operation of related software and associated duties.
- Conducts research and provides reports and recommendations regarding the development of schedules, routines and methods for more efficient operations.
- Assists with the preparation of capital and operating budgets, provides analysis of actual results in comparison to budget and provides annual comparative cost information as required.
- Acts as a technical resource for other accounting staff, as required.
- Reports on a regular, or exception, basis to the Director identifying actual achievements compared to desired results, and provides analysis detailing the causes of any variances.
- Participates in business process reviews, as required.
- Supports and promotes a safe and positive workplace.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in commerce, business administration or related field.
- Three years’ experience in collecting, analyzing and reporting on statistical, financial and accounting information in an operational environment.
- Considerable knowledge of business process analysis and system design and implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of financial and cost accounting including accounting-related spreadsheet, databases and software.
- Considerable knowledge of cost accounting and budgeting procedures.
- Ability to analyze business and technical requirements, processes and data, identify gaps and provide creative solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including the preparation and presentation of complex reports.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of computers using the Microsoft Office suite.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $71,988.96 to $79,368.72 CAD per annum (2023 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected]