New Job Sr. Team Leader, Maintenance In New Brunswick
|Sr. Team Leader, Maintenance|
Sr. Team Leader, Maintenance
Company : Irving Personal Care
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Sr. Team Leader, Maintenance
At Irving Personal Care, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. Irving Personal Care is the only manufacturer of baby diapers and training pants in Canada. Using state-of-the-art equipment and technology, Irving Personal Care produces premium quality private label products for major North American retailers.
The Sr. Team Leader, Maintenance will be based out of Moncton, New Brunswick (220 Harrisville Boulevard, E1H 3N5) and will supervise the day-to-day activities of dual ticketed tradespersons working on a state-of-the-art control system and associated equipment. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position provides leadership, technical assistance, supervision, and coordination for all maintenance work in IPC operations. Working closely with the Operational Teams, Stores personnel, Reliability Leader and Engineers, and the Maintenance Manager to provide leadership for the day-to-day maintenance work to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the maintenance program as well as increase overall equipment reliability. This is a permanent, full-time position. The primary language of work is English.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Personal Care, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- Post-Secondary within field of maintenance and/or engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment is required with maintenance supervision experience preferred
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed, collaborate on development and implementation of new guidelines
- Keep team members accountable for their safety deliverables.
- Ensure the safe behaviors and safety compliance of the crews.
- Communicate and instill a sense of urgency around Health and Safety compliance reports and investigates Health and Safety issues immediately. The Team Leader must also understand all relevant applicable regulations and policies and ensure compliance. They will be a supporter of the site joint Health and Safety Committee, also ensuring processes are followed within their department.
- Ensure the plant’s employee safety programs provide a safe working environment.
- Actively promote an autonomous and compassionate safety culture.
- Support safety policy and procedures, lead by example and ensure safety procedures are followed
- Management of daily maintenance activities to ensure timely completion of maintenance tasks and to control costs (labour and materials).
- Improving daily productivity of the maintenance staff.
- Ensure departmental goals are kept current and accurate measures are in place
- Liaise with other departments to ensure company and departmental objectives are being met
- Liaise with Maintenance, Process and Safety to ensure company projects are completed on time and within budget
- Will be responsible for day to day tactical activities
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the maintenance strategy, audit departmental work quality and effectiveness.
- Manage the quality and effectiveness of maintenance work.
- Manage planning, scheduling, and work execution.
- Lead in a manner consistent with the Company’s Values at all times.
- Lead and develop all departmental employees.
- Facilitate and manage employee selection and orientation process
- Provide coaching and feedback to those on your team.
- Managing employee schedules (vacations, shift coverage, training, etc.). Review and approve direct reports’ time on a daily basis to ensure hours and pay code breakdown are correct for positive employee experience and financial reporting accuracy.
- Develop a climate which encourages the participation and involvement of all employees.
- Ensure that employees are aware of expectations and are accountable for sustaining continuous improvement initiatives and plans.
- Reviews and communicates crew performance and provides support as needed
- Endeavors to build a high level of morale through good human relations
Plant Preventative Maintenance
- Collaborate and work alongside outside contractors as required for preventative maintenance needs, being an IPC job sponsor while onsite completing work.
- Track and manage key performance indicators for area of responsibility
- Works in conjunction with the Maintenance & Engineering Manager to ensure efficient and effective utilization of the machinery, and to identify and implement methods to improve uptime, costs and throughput.
- Lead and develop all departmental maintenance/engineering employees. Facilitate and manage employee selection and orientation process
- Directly managing the shift and day maintenance employees to ensure that the expectations of roles are being met.
- Responsible for delivery of performance reviews for employees, and conduct formal employee evaluations and regular check-ins.
- Provide training plans for the maintenance team and ensure completion
What We Offer
Irving Personal Care is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Personal Care and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don’t meet every requirement? Research has shown that many people only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Personal Care, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we’re looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Personal Care is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.