|Social Worker, Counsellor - Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL|
Social Worker, Counsellor - Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
Company : LifeWorks
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Social Worker, Counsellor (EAP program)
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador
Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, you will be providing in-person counselling services for LifeWorks' Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Provide short-term counselling to a diverse set of clients dealing with various issues;
- Evaluate client needs and work with them to set objectives and develop a strategy to achieve them, within the terms and conditions of the client’s EAP;
- Manage the administrative requirements as dictated by LifeWorks' clinical models.
Required core qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree in Counselling, Psychology, or Social Work;
- Professional College membership or registration with a counselling Association, with valid professional liability insurance;
- Post-graduate counselling experience with multiple populations;
- Ability to set short term objectives and use a solution focused approach;
- Ability to clinically manage high-risk cases, including clients who are a threat to self or others;
- Good knowledge of community resources;
- Must have a private office in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Labrador.
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.