|Service Desk Technician|
Service Desk Technician
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $26.95–$33.04 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
This opportunity is anticipated to be a six-month temporary term.
The Service Desk Technician, reports to the Team Manager of Deskside Services and serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, chat or self-serve tickets submitted online. In addition, the Service Desk Technician liaises with other divisions’ staff and management to resolve various application and/or hardware problems and/or inquiries.
What you'll do:
- Provide prompt front line guidance and technical support to all SCIC staff and external customers.
- Record all calls placed to the Service Desk by creating incident reports and requests for service.
- Troubleshoot and provide guidance to staff in the use of computers, mobile devices, printers, hardware and software, while maintaining current knowledge of applications used within.
- Triage, gather information and escalate service requests or incidents to tier two or tier three resources.
- Maintain hardware assets via the inventory management system, ensuring adequate inventory supply in
the IT stock room
- Manage service requests for system hardware, software updates, and program changes; ensuring approvals and assignment to technicians are completed.
- Research new equipment, make recommendations on equipment, order approved equipment and receive it as required.
- Act as an administrator for multiple work/technology environments including:
- Active Directory & Azure Active Directory - Create and maintain user accounts computer, network, email, and network security or distribution group access.
- Adobe – Assigning and removing licenses in the online portal.
- O365 - Assigning and removing licenses in the online portal.
- Service Desk Tool – Generating Reports, creating category’s, approval flows and creating of knowledge base articles as required.
- Support SCIC’s CropConnect and AgConnect systems by enrolling customers, creating and maintaining passwords, and troubleshooting issues, while maintaining compliance with the security policy.
- Crop Insurance system – update using Data Base Utility.
- Use Remote Desktop Connection, Teams or SCCM software to connect to staff computer systems in order to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Leverage SCCM to deploy packaged software through software center.
- Determine when system errors are universal to the corporation – troubleshoot and prioritize the impact and urgency of reported problems to determine corrective action.
- Support remote staff and contractors that uses Remote Access to connect to the virtual private network (VPN).
To be successful in this position you will need the completion of an information technology certificate program, supplemented with two years' related experience. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
All service desk personnel need problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
- ITIL Certification, Microsoft Certifications, A+ Certifications are an asset.
- Experience with Powershell is an asset.
- Technical writing skills
- General knowledge and experience with:
- Office 365
- Smart Phones (iOS and Android)
- Remote Desktop, SCCM, PXE and PDQ
- A criminal record check is required.
- Should the successful candidate participate in the Crop Insurance or AgriStability Programs, their account must be in good standing.
- Service Excellence: Always displays respect, professionalism and dignity in daily interactions. Responds to customers with an appropriate level of urgency. Offers support to colleagues and customers that are in distress. Responds to customers with an appropriate level of urgency. Offers support to colleagues and customers that are in distress.
- Personal Leadership and Development: Demonstrates self-awareness by knowing oneself and the impact on one’s behaviours on others. Recognizes strengths and is open to feedback on enhancing skills. Seeks out continuous learning opportunities to further develop skills.
- Strategic Thinking: Has a clear understanding of organizational objectives and aligns daily tasks to strategic goals. Prioritizes work in alignment with organizational objectives. Asks questions to gain a clear understanding.
- Decision Making: Decisions are aligned with position responsibilities, boundaries and organizational policies and practices. Can clearly explain their theory behind the decisions they made. Makes timely decisions even when information is unclear or limited.
- Innovation: Remains positive during times of uncertainty. Looks for incremental improvements in work processes and results. Reflects on current environment and how the change will be received.
- Analytical Thinking: Asks questions to gain a clear understanding. Involves or moves the issue on to the right person. Makes suggestions at team meetings and to manager on potential/known issues and possible solutions.
- Team Collaboration: Shares knowledge and experience with others. Brings forward ideas, solutions and concerns to help the team problem solve and build solutions. Capitalizes on the strengths and skill sets of team members by aligning tasks with individual strengths.
- Building Organizational Community: Is friendly, positive and professional with people they meet. Works independently, interdependently and participates as a contributing member across work teams. Builds rapport and ensures others are informed.
- Communication: Conveys understanding and empathy from the other person’s perspective. Uses open-ended questions, active listening and dialogue to encourage others to provide information about underlying needs or issues. Communicates complex issues clearly and with credibility.
- Accountability: Treats everyone with respect and fairness. Assumes responsibility for personal actions, behaviours and results. Promotes integrity in others by maintaining consistent values and performance standards.
- Performance Management: Achieves quality of work on a consistent basis. Assumes ownership of assigned duties with intentions of generating positive results. Takes/provides opportunities to learn and demonstrate new knowledge and skills.
- Planning and Risk Management: Organizes and prioritizes work to implement plans. Divides objectives into manageable tasks and sets deadlines to keep projects moving forward. Assumes responsibility for work plans and projects and delegates tasks where appropriate.