|SERVICE AREA BUYER|
SERVICE AREA BUYER
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Job ID: 35498
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Purchasing
Division & Section: Public Health, PH Finance & Administration
Work Location: 277 Victoria Street
Job Type & Duration: 1 Permanent Vacancy
Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $38.37 - $42.03, TF0293, Wage Grade: 11
Shift Information: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week per week,
Affiliation: L79 Full-time
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Period: 24-Feb-2023 to 10-March-2023
Reporting to the Supervisor, Financial Services, the Departmental Buyer purchases materials, services and equipment for Toronto Public Health (TPH), with Information Technology (IT) related items the first priority of the position, in a timely manner in accordance with purchasing by-laws, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares and edits purchase requisitions.
- Prepares product specifications descriptions/scope of work.
- Issues competitive tenders, quotations and proposals within service area approved limits and develops specifications for same.
- Confers with suppliers regarding delivery, quality, etc., to ensure that service area and specification requirements are met.
- Operates the City's automated purchasing system to process purchasing requirements (e.g. service area purchase orders and purchase requisitions) and to update and retrieve purchasing information.
- Operates the service area's purchasing system in MS Access for the processing of quotation requests and proposal calls and to track the status of requests to purchase.
- Assists service area clients in developing their purchasing budget and annual purchasing plans.
- Participates in the supplier evaluation/performance process and conducts follow up.
- Represents the Service Area and provides advice, training and a coordination role to divisions and clients regarding purchasing and materials management matters, including any automated systems, purchasing procedures, etc.
- Investigates complaints and resolves disputes between suppliers and customers. Provides support to staff within the section as necessary and as directed.
- Prepares summaries of quotations, tenders, proposals and arrange for samples and testing of products.
- Participates on committees related to Service Area purchasing. Interviews sales representatives and visits supplier locations, warehouses.
- Prepares service area purchase orders and related documentation from quotations,
- Prepares correspondence and administrative reports using word processing and spreadsheet software
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable purchasing, contract management and financial analysis experience to facilitate the purchasing functions required for this position.
Considerable experience working with policies and procedures relative to Purchasing, Contract Administration, Contract Management Office, Accounts Payable and Accruals including Request for Quotes, Requests for Responses, Low Value Quotes, Requests for Proposals and Divisional Purchase Orders.
- Extensive experience/high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel as well as SAP.
- A certification from a recognized purchasing program or the approved equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of various Acts and Regulations governing the public purchasing function (e.g.: Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, City of Toronto Fair Wage/Labour Trades Regulations, Federal and Provincial Sales Tax Regulations, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of the Purchasing and Financial Control By-laws and associated policies.
- Ability to prepare written reports and effectively communicate statistical findings and data.
- Technical aptitude/understanding of technical concepts in order to better understand the subject matter of IT related Procurement.
- Strong verbal and written communications, with demonstrated ability to provide high level of customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Proven skills in problem solving.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.