|Senior Manager Sales|
Senior Manager Sales
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Requisition ID: 170672
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior Manager, Sales is responsible for leading a team of Home Financing Advisors (HFAs) towards achieving established sales targets and meeting the overall goals for the Home Financing Team. The incumbent works closely with HFAs, to ensure that sales management activities, disciplines and behaviours are instilled and sustained to meet business objectives of Home Financing Solutions. To a large extent, the focus is on sales and people management by providing value added feedback and coaching to HFAs for the purpose of assisting them in realizing their fullest potential to maximize mortgage sales and revenue. In addition to the incumbent provides support to the Regional Director (RD).
1. Lead and manage a team of Home Financing Advisors by:
- Focussing on sales management activities and principles;
- Providing direction, guidance and support as required (ie. Facilitating realtor presentations, etc.);
- Fostering the ongoing relationship between the Bank and those who are in a position to refer Mortgage business;
- Conducting coaching sessions, quarterly sales meetings, skill building sessions, and touchbases (including team sales meetings);
- Observing interactions with customers and referral sources, and providing value added feedback to the HFA’s;
- Working with the Regional Directors in preparing and obtaining agreement on individualized business plans for HFAs, to ensure all required sales activities and disciplines are in place, including recommending changes to levels and draws;
- Acting as a mentor to Home Financing Advisors and Home Financing Officers.
2. Lead the implementation of the initiatives and the achievement of the business objectives in the District by:
- Defining clearly, roles, tasks and expectations;
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies (such as providing content input to the Regional web site) to maximize business opportunities for sustainable growth;
- Demonstrate creativity by championing the new and innovative approaches, and support employees during change by providing leadership and encouragement;
- Motivating and focussing the efforts of HFAs, through related business development activities, referral management, and ongoing relationship building;
- Resolving issues/negotiating compromises between HFAs and partners from other Scotiabank Groups. (ie. Shared Services, Lending Support, Domestic Branches, etc.) to meet objectives/overcome obstacles, guiding team members to alternatives if required;
- Ensuring employees are fully aware of, and comply with, the Bank’s Privacy Code and Guidelines for Business conduct; Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada requirements and Know Your Customer requirements;
- Escalating issues/obstacles/trends to Regional Director as appropriate with recommendations/solutions.
3. Provide direction, guidance and support to the Regional Director and as required to our partners by:
- Recommending all new hires for Home Financing Advisors;
- Preparing probationary reviews, including final recommendations.
4. Establish and monitor goals for Direct Reports by:
- Defining appropriately high standards for self and others;
- Negotiating goals and priorities & monitoring results;
- Identifying, then initiating and directing tactical responses for ongoing improvement. (action plans).
5. Maintain a market profile within the District, with both internal and external contacts by:
- Identifying key business contacts within the mortgage business, such as real estate agents, builders, lawyers, etc. and meet regularly with these sources;
- Work with the District Vice- Presidents, Community Managers and Branch Managers in developing and customer relationships;
- Seeking to develop Home Finance Advisor’s skills/expertise in developing key relationships;
- Managing day-to-day administration.
Education/ Work Experience:
- Minimun 10 years of industry experience
- Minimum 3 years experience with leading a sales team
Location(s): Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon || Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina || Canada : Saskatchewan : Swift Current
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.