New Job Senior Hardware Engineer In British Columbia
|Senior Hardware Engineer|
Senior Hardware Engineer
Company : Lumotive
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Lumotive is a leader in all-semiconductor lidar systems, developing high-performance solutions for consumer electronics, industrial automation, robotics and automotive applications. The company’s Meta-Lidar™ Reference Platform utilizes revolutionary beam-steering technology based on patented Light Control Metasurfaces™ and implemented in standard semiconductor manufacturing processes to deliver an unprecedented combination of best-in-class performance, cost, reliability and size. Lumotive’s LCMs enable the industry’s first software-defined lidar with advanced perception capabilities. The company has received measurable industry acclaim with inclusion in the following rankings: Sensors Converge/Fierce Electronics 2021 Startup of the Year, Built In Seattle’s Best Small Companies to Work For, JMP Securities Efficient Fifty list of the most interesting private companies in industrial and energy technology, and EE Times’ Silicon 100: Emerging Startups to Watch. Lumotive’s Meta-Lidar™ Platform was recently recognized with two CES 2022 Innovation awards, a 2022 SPIE Prism Award, a Business Intelligence Group Excellence in Artificial Intelligence Award, and a prestigious Edison Award. Investors include Bill Gates, Quan Funds and MetaVC Partners. For more information, find us on the web at www.lumotive.com or on Twitter at @LumotiveLidar.
Lumotive’s optical semiconductors are enabling Lidar 2.0 for consumer, mobility, and industrial markets. The company’s Light Control Metasurface (LCM™) optical semiconductors utilize revolutionary beam-steering technology to deliver an unprecedented combination of best-in-class performance, cost, reliability, and size. Lumotive’s LCMs enable the industry’s first software-defined lidar with advanced perception capabilities.
The Senior Hardware Engineer plays a key role in a small cross functional team designing the next generation of lidar solutions for automotive, industrial and consumer applications. You will collaboratively define system level requirements and functional specs, then translate those requirements to the hardware design. You will be responsible for analog and mixed signal circuit design, schematic capture, board layout, component selection, design validation, and prototype bring-up. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across functional units and be comfortable taking hands-on approaches to rapidly build and validate new designs.
- Own all aspects of electrical system designs to achieve performance and quality for low-cost, high-volume 3D sensing applications
- Develop transmitter, receiver and compute platforms to produce differentiated products based on Lumotive’s core technologies
- Own electrical test and prototyping infrastructure and equipment
- Own full testing and qualification of PCBs to meet industry standards
- Own selection and direction of domestic and overseas contractors and suppliers
Have a valid work permit to work in Canada
- Located in Vancouver or have a plan to be in Vancouver in next 30 days
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering but a Masters or PhD preferred
- Minimum 10 years industry experience or 5 years with advanced degree
- Design proficiency in Altium Designer (experience with Altium 365 a plus)
- DC/DC switching power supply design (low noise, isolation from sensitive circuits)
- Experience designing high speed, mixed-signal PCBA
- Experience with high-speed differential interfaces: MIPI CSI 2, LVDS, LVPECL; Serial data interfaces: SPI, I2C, UART; High speed data interfaces: Gigabit Ethernet, PCIe
- RF experience or experience in related technologies (radar, lidar, etc.) desired
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.