|Senior Associate - Electrical|
Senior Associate - Electrical
Company : Smith + Andersen
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Smith + Andersen is a trusted Canadian engineering firm. At Smith + Andersen our employees contribute to some of the most sustainable building design projects in Canada. The work we do has meaningful impact on the community by contributing to landmark projects such as hospitals, transit stations, parks, federal and provincial government buildings and post secondary institutions.
The Edmonton office of Smith + Andersen is currently seeking a Senior Associate for our electrical department. The successful candidate is a highly motivated team player, and a natural leader who thinks outside the box. As an expert problem solver, the successful candidate excels at collaborating with their team to tackle challenges and create innovative design solutions. A master at prioritizing multiple tasks, you can easily delegate responsibilities, mentor colleagues, and build a strong team while you meet project deadlines.
- Responsible for the vision, long term planning, goal setting and development of the department.
- Manage business development activities including identifying opportunities in the local market. Support business opportunities and assist with proposal preparation.
- Mentor and coach team members with a focus on empowering employees for growth and development.
- Responsible for design execution of the department and the allocation and oversight of project management including workload distribution, available hours in the work plan and all aspects of financial management. Act as lead person on projects as appropriate.
- Provide technical guidance to team, ensuring designs comply with company total quality standards.
- Active participant in business and industry functions including conferences, preparing or assisting with presentations as required.
- Manage department recruiting efforts, annual reviews, timesheet and expense report approvals, performance management and team member relations.
- Minimum 10 years of electrical project engineering experience within building services environment.
- Strong leadership qualities and experience in managing a team.
- Able to work independently as well as work with a local and national team of leaders.
- Able to work in a complex, fast paced environment, dealing with multiple projects, deadlines and clients.
- Solid understanding provincial building code(s), Canadian Electrical Code, CSA, ULC, IEEE, IES and NFPA standards.
- Exceptional business development skills, along with experience in preparing proposals.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Sound judgement, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communications skills for both internal and external parties.
Nice to have:
- P. Eng. or P.L. (Eng.) license is an asset
- LEED certification / Experience implementing sustainable design (LEED projects) is an asset.
About Smith + Andersen:
Smith + Andersen is a trusted Canadian consulting engineering firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, London, Toronto, Ottawa, and Halifax. Founded in 1965, Smith + Andersen has organically grown from an established reputation as trusted mechanical and electrical consultants, reaching new levels of engineering and design excellence in the communications, security and audiovisual fields, and providing enhanced services such as lighting, building automation systems, and intelligent integrated systems design. Thanks to their client-focused approach, Smith + Andersen is able to apply efficient, sustainable, and reliable design and engineering solutions on the most exciting projects across Canada. From fully-integrated hospitals and welcoming schools, to healthy workplaces and secure transit stations, their team has established lasting relationships with public and private sector clients across the country.