|Senior Advisor - Expression of Interest|
Senior Advisor - Expression of Interest
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $85,254–$103,142 a year
Location : New Brunswick
Senior Advisor - Expression of Interest
Finance and Treasury Board
Pay Band 7
The award-winning Project and Advisory Services unit represents a deliberate effort to deliver evidence-based decision-making, relentless curiosity, innovative solutions, and collaboration with creative minds inside and outside of the public service. The team is involved in over 100 initiatives annually and is delivering significant value-for-money and enhanced services to the citizens of New Brunswick in subject areas such as health services, economic development, organizational design, property management, housing, the NB air sector and senior care. The team was honoured with the silver IPAC Award for Innovative Management from the Institute of Public Administration of Canada, which recognizes government organizations that have shown exceptional innovations that address the wide variety of issues facing society.
A video showcasing the team, their approach, and client testimonials is available at the following links:
Project and Advisory Services (English): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwSR6ieiubQ
Project and Advisory Services (French): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8Enbc-piw
The team is seeking to create a list of qualified Senior Advisor candidates that have advanced business case development and financial analysis experience.
If you have a strong sense of initiative, outcomes-focused, highly-motivated, and positive-thinking, ability to focus on results despite constantly changing conditions. strong attention to detail, strong organization skills. ability to prioritize deliverables. and ability to navigate in changing conditions, then the role of Senior Advisor of for you.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will:
- Work on cross department complex projects that require agility and adaptability.
- Conduct value-for-money and return on investment analysis
- Conduct research and analysis to provide recommendations for GNB decision makers
- Quickly and strategically process large volumes of information across a variety of sectors
- Prepare compelling reports, presentations, briefings and communications
- Provide project management, group facilitation and advisory services to leaders across GNB
- Conduct risk assessments, workshops and prepare business cases .
- Engaged and facilitate internal and external stakeholders
Need to have (Essential qualifications and skills):
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience.
- Demonstrated experience completing complex business cases and/or financial analyses
- Excellent communication, strong facilitation, interpersonal and organizational skills are required
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience working with in changing environments, with people leaders or facilitation
Subject to the response of this competition, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required for some positions. Other positions will require written and spoken competence in English only. Please state your language capability on your application. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
Nice to have (Asset qualifications):
Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate one or more the following asset qualifications:
- Report writing
- Project management
- Stakeholder engagement planning and execution
- Management consulting, project finance and/or infrastructure advisory
- Chartered Professional Accountant Certification,
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Results Orientation
- Analytical Thinking / Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Impact and Influence
- Organizational Awareness
- Relationship & Network Building
- Results Orientation
The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Consulting Skills
- Effective Communications
- Facilitator experience and experience leading training/workshops
- Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Principles
- Knowledge of Conflict Management Practices
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Project Management
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Some positions will require travel throughout the province as per project's needs. For these positions, candidates must possess a valid driver's license.
Salary: $85,254 to $103,142 per annum
What can GNB offer you?
- The opportunity to have a truly profound positive impact
- Comprehensive benefits package and the Public Service Shared Risk Pension Plan
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development and training
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
- 1 paid Volunteer Day per year to give back to your community
- Paid Vacation Benefits
- Remote working arrangements may be considered
Our work is guided by GNB's vision One Team One GNB and its leading principles:
- Working together across departments, professions and sectors to achieve outcomes
- Putting the needs of the residents first
- An organization that learns, grows and adapts
Check out this video showcasing what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
Providing a safe workplace for all.
Your health & safety are important to us. GNB has implemented preventative measures across the organization to ensure your health & Safety.
Interested applicants are to apply on-line at www.ere.gnb.ca, by February 17, 2023 indicating competition number 10199. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Human Resources Services
Phone: (506) 457-3592
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We encourage and support applications from Aboriginals, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who are among the most qualified, will be given preference at the time of selection.
Let's connect. You belong here.