|Seasonal Tourism Development Officer|
Seasonal Tourism Development Officer
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $91,000–$109,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
The Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment (ITI) works through wide-ranging partnerships and initiatives to deliver quality programs and services that promote and support economic development, diversification and prosperity in the interest of Northwest Territories residents – their businesses and communities.
Reporting to the Manager, Tourism and Parks, and under the direction of the Tourism Development Officer, this position contributes to the economic health and diversity of the eight communities in the Beaufort Delta region by supporting the growth of tourism, tourism operators, tourism development in the communities, the delivery of tourism programs and enforcement of tourism legislation. The incumbent supports the Tourism Development Officer to deliver ITI tourism programs, support communities and conduct inspections and enforcement of tourism legislation.
The enhance tourism development, the incumbent works with a variety of organizations and individuals at the community, regional, and territorial levels (tourism operators, department staff, municipalities, band councils, special interest groups, NWT Tourism Association, and other Territorial and Federal departments). These organizations and individuals have different and often conflicting views on how to achieve departmental goals for the tourism sector.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to obtain and maintain status as a peace officer under the Tourism Act
- Knowledge of the tourism industry, tourism operations and related legislation and regulations
- Ability to interpret legislation, regulation, and policy to assess and carry out appropriate enforcement activities in various situations
- Ability to prepare written documents for a variety of audiences
- Skill and ability to communicate and deal effectively with the public and other industry professionals both public and private
- Ability to think logically and act systematically
- Ability to maintain composed during stressful events
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
This level of knowledge is commonly acquired through a Diploma in Tourism Studies or Business Administration and related industry experience.
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
1st FLOOR ALEX MOSES GREENLAND BUILDING
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Tel (867) 678-8071
Fax (867) 678-6620
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.