|Seasonal Laboratory Assistant - ASB|
Seasonal Laboratory Assistant - ASB
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Assists with Routine and Seasonal Monitoring Programs; performs sampling, basic laboratory analysis, and routine calibrations on basic lab equipment (e.g. pH, conductivity, dissolved oxygen, turbidity).
As the Seasonal Laboratory Assistant you will:
- Collect samples from various stages or locations of the department’s systems.
- Perform sample preparation, sample splitting for further analysis by other technicians.
- Perform basic maintenance on sampling and testing equipment.
- Perform cleaning of wastewater samplers, work areas, basic laboratory equipment and laboratory sampling vehicles.
- Record and enter data into the department’s databases.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Completion of at least 1 year of a recognized university program in general science with a chemistry major or equivalent program, or college program in Science Laboratory technology.
- Familiarity with chemistry and basic laboratory analysis techniques and safety practices.
- Familiarity with the use of a computer and word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with other laboratory and management staff, and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
- Must be physically capable of performing all the duties of this position in various weather conditions.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented