New Job Scale House Operator In Manitoba
|Scale House Operator|
Scale House Operator
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $16–$20 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Scale House Operator
Who we are:
Meseyton Construction was founded in 1968 and is proud to continue serving our community and region with year-round heavy construction capabilities. Our staff are dedicated to each project we take on, whether it is paving a driveway or digging a basement for your home or large road and excavation projects for the public and private sectors.
What we are looking for:
Meseyton is currently seeking motivated Scale House Operators to join our team in a full-time seasonal position for the 2023 construction season.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate information of scale weights and transactions of incoming and outgoing trucks per asphalt plant requirements are recorded daily.
- Operate scale system to weigh internal and commercial customers (Trucks) in and out of the yard ensuring weights, commodities, and pricing are correct.
- Ensure outgoing truck weights and dimensions are correct before sending them out of the yard.
- Use hand-held mobile radio devices to effectively coordinate tasks and resources between the yard and scale.
- Assist plant personnel as needed, and perform other duties as requested by the management.
- Maintain an organized scale house and ensure all paperwork/ invoices is up to date and is filed properly.
- Keep work area clean and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
Experience & Job Requirements:
- Minimum 1-year previous experience in customer service (retail) or scrapyard environment will be considered an asset.
- Computer literate with intermediate skill level for Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, including Basic math skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize competing priorities.
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing and over mobile radio devices.
- Dynamic, Outgoing, Polite, and friendly with a customer service orientation.
- Able to work with outdoor/indoor environment and flexible to work a rotating shift schedule, including 12-hour shifts, overtime and weekends as required.
Job Type: Seasonal
Contract length: 7 months
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Work Location: One location