New Job Regional Child Development Team Coordinator In Northwest Territories
|Regional Child Development Team Coordinator
Regional Child Development Team Coordinator
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $95,000–$114,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) offers challenging and exciting careers in health and social services delivery and administration in Canada’s North. The Territorial Authority has service locations in communities across the territory and a staff of more than 1,600 serving over 43,000 residents of the NWT and 5,900 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Challenging work, welcoming communities, and expanded opportunities are some of the benefits offered to employees of the NTHSSA.
This position is located in the Inuvik Regional Hospital (IRH), which is a 51 bed, accredited facility serving the town of Inuvik and 12 outlying communities services by the NTHSSA Beaufort Delta and Sahtu regions. The NTHSSA provides and supports the delivery of health care services to adults and children on an inpatient, outpatient and outreach basis in order to enhance healthy communities and well-being through excellence, accountability and respect for regional diversity.
Reporting directly to the Regional Manager Rehabilitation, the incumbent leads the child development team in the implementation of service and case management, incorporating best practice, consultative feedback from stakeholders, and service navigation throughout the Northwest Territories.
To coordinate, monitor and evaluate the integrated service delivery of the Beaufort-Delta Region Child Development Team in accordance with the philosophy and objective of the Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) to ensure that children realize and maintain optimum development. The incumbent will provide support to caregivers, facilitate service integration, and provide consultative expertise to Beaufort-Delta and Sahtu health professionals regarding services and supports for children with disabilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The BDR-CDT Coordinator must have knowledge of therapeutic processes to ensure that the patients' physical, emotional, psychosocial, spiritual, and educational needs are met.
- Proven leadership skills to implement clear direction for the BDR-CDT and expectations of service delivery.
- Ability to network and engage resources within and outside the BDR (ie: Social Services, Public Health, Community Health Nurses, etc.) in order to ensure support of patients and their families.
- Project management skills in order to monitor and evaluate service delivery efficiency.
- Knowledge of education principles related to adult learns in order to develop and deliver subject specific training and development.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate word processing and spreadsheet applications (ie: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in the completion of training materials and presentations.
- An ability to operate desktop computer in order to send and receive electronic mail and conduct research over the Internet.
- An ability to educate patients, their families and stakeholders on appropriate programming methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of and ability to network resources within and outside the Beaufort-Delta Region (ie: Social Services, Public Health, Community Health Nurses, etc.) in order to ensure support of patients and their families.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
This level of knowledge is typically acquire through the successful completion of a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a rehabilitation discipline and 3 years clinical experience in Pediatric Rehabilitation. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered. The CDT coordinator must be a registered member of the Canadian national body or hold a provincial license of their respective profession.
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
1st FLOOR ALEX MOSES GREENLAND BUILDING
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Tel (867) 678-8071 Ext 15644
Fax (867) 678-6620
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.