Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
PRIVACY: Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 302, as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, 125 Syndicate Ave Suite 42, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H8, Telephone: 625-3866
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Supervisor - Talent Acquisition, provides confidential day to day support for the centralized talent acquisition services provided by the Division, which includes creating job postings, coordinating job advertisements, internet and intranet updates, compiling applications, and collecting and verifying employee information related to conditional job offers; and is also responsible for coaching, mentoring and training new staff within the section regarding the Corporation’s recruitment, selection & hiring processes.
- Coordinates and monitors Request-to-Hire Forms and creates and releases job postings in the Corporation’s job posting and applicant tracking system, selects applicable screening questions, and posts advertisements on all platforms (i.e. social media, job boards, etc.) and the Corporate Intranet and City website.
- Monitors online job postings and closes competitions in the required timeframe.
- Compiles applications received using the Corporation’s job posting and application tracking system and verifies seniority.
- Coordinates and monitors requests for conditional offers of employment.
- Reviews requests for offers of employment to ensure consistency with Corporate policies and procedures, and applicable collective agreement requirements.
- Provides information to hiring supervisors related to the recruitment and hiring process (i.e. request to hire forms, Form 8, applicant tracking system, etc.).
- Assesses and determines the compensation/benefit details applicable for each conditional offer of employment, using established standard operating procedures and collective agreements.
- Makes conditional offers of employment to potential candidates, validates credentials, confirms conditional employment requirements are met (i.e. educational and/or certification requirements, police records checks, immunization records, driver’s licence requirements, etc.), and verifies information received in relation to conditions.
- Deals with high volume requests, solves issues as they arise and if required, escalates issues to Supervisor while providing excellent customer service.
- Prepares required new hire/rehire documentation using existing templates, including offer/appointment letters and ensuring appropriate language is selected for applicable classifications.
- Determines probationary period as per Collective Agreements and prepares documents for distribution; updates tracking system for probationary period requirements.
- Follows up regularly with hiring supervisors and candidates to ensure that the conditional offer process moves forward in a timely manner, and closes competitions as vacancies are filled.
- Enters employee data and assists with the maintenance of talent acquisition tracking information using spreadsheets and the Corporation’s applicant tracking system.
- Responds to inquiries from applicants, potential candidates and hiring supervisors.
- Deals with high volume hiring such as the seasonal employment program, essential and hard to fill positions, and works with hiring supervisors to meet hiring needs.
- Coaches, mentors and trains new Officers and Assistants regarding the Corporation’s recruitment, selection & hiring processes, consistent with Corporate policies, procedures and collective agreements.
- Assists with special talent acquisition events and/or programs (i.e. career fairs, networking events) to source new talent.
- Maintains specific filing systems, divisional databases, produces reports, and updates records management using the archiving process for the division.
- Provides back-up in the section related to processing payables, receivables, journal entries, scheduling meetings, coordinating the union clearance process, and general reception duties.
- Participates in the development, improvement and implementation of internal procedures and procedural manual updates.
- Participates in cross training and provides administrative back-up within the section.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Diploma in business, human resources, or related field; and
- Three years of related human resources experience; or
- Secondary school graduation and six years of related human resources experience
- Experience with high volume recruitment
- General knowledge of talent acquisition services and legal requirements
- Familiarity navigating social media outlets, job boards, online portals and using a job posting and applicant tracking system
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Superior customer service skills and the ability to deal with the public and staff in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and make required decisions
- Must be at an intermediate skill level in keyboarding, advanced skill level in word processing, and intermediate skill level in spreadsheet software
- Self-starter with proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be highly professional and have the ability to exercise judgment when dealing with confidential or sensitive issues
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and prioritize when needed
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience with SAP software
- Knowledge and functions of Municipal departments, outside boards and agencies, and local community groups
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must sign and abide by Employee Confidentiality Statement
- May be required to travel to various work locations and provide own transportation
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)