|Recreation Technician 8|
Recreation Technician 8
Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $24.76–$27.30 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Community Services
Department: Recreation and Community Development
Term: 2 Temp Part Time position(s) available for approximately 5 months.
Closing Date: 03/03/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 59
Under supervision of the Open Space Consultant, this position monitors the activities delivered by either the Department or in cooperation with external agencies, at the various parks, sport fields and open spaces. Sport Field Monitor is utilized to travel within the city and monitor usage of parks, sport fields and open spaces during the evenings and weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors activities, scheduled for the various parks, sport fields and open spaces, in accordance with the scheduling identified by Allocations.
- Monitors the quality of all aspects of activities delivered either by the Department or in cooperation with external agencies to maintain customer satisfaction and ensure technical standards are met.
- Assists with the leadership and development of program staff which may include: orientation, training and directing, mentoring, coaching and leading by example.
- Works collaboratively with and receives direction from the Recreation Technician 13 throughout the outdoor sport field season.
- Assists with preparing the site for various programs and events, providing support to meet operational needs for example set-up, staffing, maintaining program equipment.
- Carry out orientation/ training programs for program staff as assigned.
- Provides interpretation of program and rental policies and procedures for the public and staff.
- Deals with customers and employees to resolve issues, respond to enquiries and resolve conflict.
- Assists with activity evaluation by compiling statistics, providing rationale, and preparing recommendations for program operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- One year of post-secondary education in kinesiology, recreation and leisure or a related field.
- Three months related experience in the delivery of aquatic, sport and/or recreation programs preferred.
- Possession of valid recognized standard first aid and CPR certificates.
- A class 5 driver's license is required.
- Ability to provide an acceptable driver's abstract.
- Ability to successfully complete in-house training.
- Knowledge of the theory, philosophy, standards, trends, and practices of recreation program planning, particularly in a municipal setting.
- Knowledge of the methods of evaluation related to aquatic, fitness, and recreation programs.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the delivery of aquatic, sport and/or recreation programs.
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively orally and in writing to staff and public.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, peers, supervisor, volunteers, and the public.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in program delivery.
- Skill in the operation of a computer with word-processing and spreadsheet software.
Requires Security Check
Acceptable current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) upon offer of employment.
Hours of work vary; evening and weekend work is required.
Weekly Hours: up to 38
Salary Range: $24.76 to $27.30 CAD per hour (2023 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected]