|Public Works Maintenance II|
Public Works Maintenance II
Company : City of Brooks
Salary : $23–$36 an hour
Location : Alberta
Welcome to the City of 100 Hellos! We are a welcoming and inclusive community and one of the most culturally diverse communities in Alberta, with a population of 14,924 and another 11,000 in the surrounding area. We have a vibrant and friendly business community, a range of ethnic restaurants and a myriad of recreational opportunities. The Brooks area offers a diverse landscape; we have pristine farms, beautiful lakes and a huge valley of hills and hoodoos!
Why work for the City of Brooks? For starters, you can take great pride in our organization, our positive work culture and our exceptional team of talented professionals who accomplish outstanding work each and every day for our citizens. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team that is professional, fun, dedicated and passionate about health and wellness. Our employees receive many benefits, some of which being, able to participate in gym memberships and educational opportunities. Please view our City of Brooks Careers Corner page for more details.
The City of Brooks requires one (1) Public Works Maintenance position, preferably a level II.*
Job Details & Responsibilities:*
This position performs a variety of duties associated with the maintenance of the City’s infrastructure. The Public Works Maintenance Operator position provides direction and guidance in performing work duties to more junior employees within the department’s operations. This position is required to perform a wide variety of duties with Works & Utilities associated with positions of equal or lesser responsibilities.
Training and Experience Requirements:*
- Alberta Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with Q-Brake Endorsement;
- Clean Driver’s Abstract;
- Ability to operate or willingness to learn to operate equipment including single axle gravel trucks;
- Standard First Aid and CPR;
- Flag Person Certification;
- Fall Protection Certification preferred;
- Confined Space preferred;
- H2S Certification preferred;
- Ground Disturbance preferred; and,
- Good public relations, interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
- All requirements for Level I;
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in Public Works or related field;
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s License with Q-Brake Endorsement;
- Equal Potential Grounding Certificate preferred; and,
- Knowledge of airport maintenance.
- All requirements for Level II;
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in Public Works or related field;
- Work Zone Safety Training;
- Confined Space Certificate;
- Ground Disturbance Certificate;
- Fall Protection Certificate;
- Safe Trenching an asset;
- Excavating Certificate preferred; and,
- Ability to operate all of the following equipment skillfully and competently unsupervised:
- Garbage Truck
- Rubber Tire Backhoe (front and back)
- VAC Truck
- Street Sweeper
- Lift Truck
Compensation & Benefits:
- The City of Brooks offers a competitive salary and benefits package with this position falling within the scope of the Collective Agreement between the City of Brooks and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 1032.
- The 2022 salary range for this position is $23.78-$31.65 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time position. There is possible weekend, and overtime hours of work. The Collective Agreement including wages can be found online at www.brooks.ca.
- Additionally, you will receive a free family membership to the JBS Canada Centre during your term of employment
A clean criminal records check including a vulnerable sector check and a driver’s abstract will be required before an offer of employment is presented to the successful candidate.
The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Brooks is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$36.00 per hour