Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $33.95–$46.98 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life
- Flex-time and partially remote work schedule (providing the option to work remotely two days per week), depending on nature
of work, operational requirements and work location.
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and
exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation,
commitment and customer service.
Under the general direction of the Land Acquisition Supervisor, is responsible for performing complex land and property-related
functions associated with negotiating and securing property rights and other land related matters.
- Act as a Corporate representative to negotiate with municipal and government agencies, private landowners and First Nations
- Provide guidance and recommendation to Corporate clients in the design, routing, scheduling and construction of hydro, gas
- Liaise with Corporate clients, external contractors and Land Titles Offices by analyzing problems, interpreting information and
purchases and promoting surplus land sales.
- Provide functional guidance and support to drafting and mapping personnel with respect to the preparation of documents,
- Research and provide recommendations on compensation and corporate policy.
- Prepare a variety of documents for execution by landowners and other stakeholders and initiate related correspondence and
- Review and analyze appraisal reports prepared by internal parties and external contractors.
- Provide guidance related to Manitoba Hydro's Structure Impact Compensation program.
- Participate as a Corporate representative in meetings and hearings with municipal councils, government agencies and interest
- Assist in procuring and managing land management service contracts and provide administrative support on section and
- Complete data entry and establish and maintain databases and work with Geomatics Services, to assist with mapping and
- Travel extensively throughout the province on a flexible work schedule, as per the Collective Agreement, to meet with private
landowners and external agencies.
- A four year degree in a related discipline such as Commerce, Law, Engineering, or Geography from a university of recognized
- A two year diploma in a related discipline from an institute of recognized standing, with a minimum of five years directly related
MANITOBA HYDRO IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY
Reference Code: CO56662540-01
- Minimum Grade 12 plus introductory level in a real estate certificate/designation program from an institute of recognized
- Must possess demonstrated analytical skills and a high degree of judgement and discretion to simultaneously handle a
multitude of complex property related assignments, provide property related expertise, identify operational improvements and
resolve property related issues with a high level of accuracy and completeness.
- Must have proven leadership skills and the ability to work well with other staff, management, internal parties and external
- Understanding of corporate property policies, regulations and legislation regarding land use and land management.
- Ability to understand and interpret survey plans, legal land descriptions, engineering and construction drawings and
- Understanding of land use and land management techniques and familiarity with gas and electric transmission and distribution
- Demonstrated proficiency and good working knowledge of corporate software applications including SAP, Microsoft Office,
- Demonstrated commitment to personal learning and technical/professional development and willingness to keep abreast of
- Must be able to obtain a Commissioner of Oaths.
- Possess a valid Province of Manitoba Driver's Licence and prepared to travel throughout Manitoba.
- A designation from the International Right of Way Association would be considered a significant asset.
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The range for the classification is $33.95-$46.98 Hourly,
Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is FEBRUARY
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations
during the recruitment process.