Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor of Property Management and Appraisal, the Property Associate is assigned work relating to the leasing of City owned real property and the appraisal of real property (and related interests in land) whether City-owned or not.
Duties will vary and will include providing administrative support to the following internal and external Departments or Agencies:
- Legal Services in relation to the leasing of City properties (commercial and residential) and appraisal contracts etc.
- Communicating with Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation (WHRC) to coordinate the leasing of City properties. Appraisal Firms in relation to appraisals required by the City of Winnipeg
The incumbent in this junior level Property Associate position helps support the administration of a diverse portfolio of surplus City-owned real property and routine activities relating to the commercial leasing and appraisal of properties in the best interest of the City of Winnipeg. Tasks will include, but are not limited to creating and administering short term use agreements, coordinating and managing WHRC lease agreements, conducting file research for Senior staff, preparing documents for Consultant Assignment’s and Purchase Orders, requesting appraisal quotes and preparing Appraisal contracts, and directing 311 enquiries to the correct section staff.
The incumbent is responsible for entering information and uploading documentation, photos etc. into the Yardi database ensuring consistency and maintenance. As well as, creating and maintaining a tracking spreadsheet for WHRC properties.
As the Property Associate, you will:
- Administer the Yardi and Amanda Databases.
- Draft and Administer all Short-Term Use Agreements required on behalf of the Property Planning and Development Department.
- Provide administrative support to the Property Management and Appraisal Section staff as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Supervisor of Property Management and Appraisal as required.
- Administer and coordinate leases of properties managed by WHRC.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 12 High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Professional Designation of a recognized licence, designation or certificate within the Real Estate industry or an equivalent combination of related education, training or commercial experience may be considered.
- Six (6) months – one (1) year experience with Yardi or similar real estate software.
- One (1) year experience dealing with commercial real estate contracts, working in Real Estate or Property Management.
- Experience researching, analyzing and synthesizing information relating to commercial leasing/property management.
- Experience writing clear, concise and accurate correspondence, such as reports, letters or emails.
- Proficiency at an advanced level using computers and associated software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to type 20 w.p.m.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and maintain records and files accurately in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement with decision making, recommendations, and/or actions taken with tasks assigned.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills in order to meet multiple deadlines within a busy environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain respectful working relationships, including dealing effectively, with all levels of staff and the public.
- Knowledge of legal descriptions, maps, survey plans, lease agreements would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the civic service and its interdepartmental relationships would be an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check, please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented