Company : BC Housing
Salary : $80,718–$93,540 a year
Location : British Columbia
Job ID: 4690
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
PROPERTY AGENT :
($80,718.42 - $93,540.00 Annually)
The Property Agent is responsible for providing a wide range of real estate services relating to the acquisition, development, management and disposal of land for BC Housing and the Provincial Rental Housing Corporation. He/She/They generates creative and innovative opportunities and brings partners together to support the Provincial Government’s objective of creating social, affordable and mixed market housing, group homes and specialized facilities. The incumbent collaborates with non-profit societies, for-profit organizations, faith groups, owners of existing housing, Indigenous, federal and local governments and others to locate, secure and re-purpose available land, and is responsible for undertaking in-depth feasibility, due diligence and risk analyses to ensure that transactions (many of which are of considerable complexity and magnitude) are successful and meet project objectives. The position is also responsible for leasing, property management, real estate administration, and real estate research and analysis; for retaining and instructing brokers, lawyers and other professionals and service providers in fulfilling requirements; and for providing advice and consultation to senior BC Housing staff on all real estate matters.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate management, development, valuation or financing, business administration, project management, land use planning or other relevant field.
- Extensive progressive real estate experience, including negotiating complex transactions and leases through creativity, influence, and persuasion.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of real estate appraisal methodology, real estate administration, real estate development, property management, risk management and construction.
- Extensive knowledge of real property law in a British Columbia context
- Sound knowledge and understanding of project management philosophies, theories and principles, including project scoping, budget development, financial management, scheduling, quality assurance and project team coordination
- Working knowledge of the law and government policies regarding the duty to consult and accommodate Indigenous when considering the disposition of real estate assets
- Working knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s programs, development, financial and lending policies, specifically relating to the development and administration of real estate
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), spreadsheet and project management software, and current business applications
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills in a complex and fast-paced environment with defined timelines
- Strong negotiation, facilitation, influencing, persuasion, conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Strong interpersonal, project leadership and team building skills
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to communicate ideas and issues with a broad range of audiences, including industry professionals, clients, partners and stakeholders, where there may be diverging stakeholder objectives and opinions
- Ability to coordinate planning, construction and due diligence activities within a regulatory framework for a range of projects, and balance diverse interests, risks and benefits in achieving project objectives
- Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging issues, strategize options and make effective decisions, using a high degree of judgment and business acumen
- Ability to develop, influence and manage collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders/ partners
- Ability to prepare detailed and complex reports on property and development matters
- Ability to prepare, review and revise legal contracts
- Ability to handle highly confidential negotiations / related information and maintain confidences.
- Ability to use considerable tact and diplomacy in negotiations with property owners, buyers, non-profit lessees and other stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to travel on Commission business and work evenings and weekends as required
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required
How to Apply:
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected]
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.