|Project Manager, Traffic Engineering|
Project Manager, Traffic Engineering
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $94,424–$118,028 a year
Location : Ontario
Who we are:The Transportation team constructs, operates, plans and maintains a multi-modal network of assets such as roadways, bridges, sidewalks and multi-use trails, stormwater infrastructure, street-lighting, traffic signals, noise and retaining walls, signs, safety barriers and street trees.
We drive from our strengths, flexibility and responsiveness to the changing needs of Peel. It’s where our commitment to creating a Community for Life meets the road for our residents, businesses and travelers
What you will do in this role:
- Leads a major innovative project to develop a formal business case, in consultation with the Peel Region Local Municipalities, for a Peel Region Joint Processing Centre for one or more automated enforcement programs (such as red light camera and automated speed enforcement), potentially to serve municipalities outside of Peel Region, under a future Administrative Monetary Penalties legislative framework.
- Responsible for all key project documents and correspondence including the Project Charter, Work Breakdown Structure, Change Management Plan, Communication Strategy, Project Workplan, Human Resource Management Plan, Budget Workbook, project status reports, etc.
- Responsible for progressing the project work through all project phases (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and close-out).
- Provides ongoing support, guidance, and expert advice as it relates to business efficiencies and the project management discipline.
- Assesses work requests, completes Scopes of Work and makes recommendations for prioritization of projects within the department.
- Provides regular reporting to management and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Plans, consults, and conducts functional and business analyses with key stakeholders.
- Develops presentation materials and facilitates various sessions to gather information for the project or to inform others of project information.
- Primary or supporting author for Council reports and other studies
- Post secondary degree in a Transportation Engineering or Project Management related field
- 5 years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PMP certification would be considered a strong asset.
- Membership in PEO or OPPI/CIP would be considered an asset.
- At least one year of experience leading a medium to large project(s).
- Working knowledge of the legislation and documentation that supports Transportation/Traffic Engineering delivery, including but not limited to the following: Highway Traffic Act, Provincial Offences Act, Ontario Traffic Manual, Ontario Regulations, Municipal By-laws, Electronic Enforcement Systems, and Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- Knowledge of systems used to support project management and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in applying change management principles and methodologies and the ability to lead as well as manage and support change.
- Ability to develop and monitor budgets.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience applying project management methodologies.
- Short and long term planning skills and ability to execute various project plans.
- Highly-developed communication skills, both oral and written, including project documentation.
- Creative, collaborative, innovative; looks for unique ways to consult with internal and external stakeholders and create an environment of engagement.
- Proven presentation skills including the ability to present to various audiences both internal and external to Peel.
- Demonstrated leadership, negotiation, facilitation, and mentoring skills.
- Research and analytical skills to gather, analyze, and synthesize data and develop recommendations as necessary.
- Time management and organization skills to prioritize workload within time constraints.
- Effective interpersonal skills to present, facilitate, and gather information from various audiences including internal staff, key stakeholders and community agencies.
- Use of sound judgment when making recommendations or conclusions.
- Proven ability to problem solve, resolve conflicts, and the ability to respond with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision benefit plan (effective start date)
- Automatic enrolment into OMERS pension plan (where applicable)
- Accrue Vacation on a monthly basis (where applicable) up to 3 weeks per annum
- 3 Paid personal days and floating holidays (non-union)
- Flexible hours supporting your wellness and wellbeing (non-union)
- Annual performance review and merit increases based on performance (non-union/ where applicable)
- Supportive leadership and a culture of respect and inclusion
- Access to tuition reimbursement (where applicable) and learning and development resources
- Work Mode:In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton, ON
The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/ , or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you are not fully vaccinated , a documented medical reason provided by a physician or registered nurse and time period for the medical reason may be accepted.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process, upon request. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accessible formats and communication supports are available. Please contact [email protected]
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.