New Job Project Accountant In Alberta
Company : Bantrel Co.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
In this role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Reporting to the Project Accounting Manager, the Project Accountant is responsible for managing the financial aspects of their projects including but not limited to revenue recognition and cost review, invoicing, margin analysis, unbilled reconciliations, JV reconciliations, client audits and working with project teams to ensure timely and accurate client invoicing in addition to other department processes and responsibilities. The right candidate will have prior project accounting experience with advanced/senior level knowledge of project accounting processes enhanced by strong problem-solving abilities and the desire to learn and grow with our business.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- 4 years plus of project accounting experience in an EPC environment working on large client projects
- Completion of a CPA or close to completion of a CPA
- Desire to grow with our company with interest in developing into a leadership candidate
- Experience preparing unbilled reconciliations and managing unbilled balances
- Advanced understanding of accounting & revenue recognition principles
- Ability to analyze project data and complete monthly journal entries
- Prior experience with Joint Venture accounting is considered an asset
- Project margin analysis
- Past ERP experience (Agresso experience considered an asset)
- Prior experience billing in different client systems (CDMS & Cortex as examples)
- Review of prime contracts to ensure compliance with contract terms for invoicing
- Past audit experience and the ability to assist with client audits when required
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of client invoices
- Review and follow up on project receivable balances
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to mentor junior members of the PA team
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and to prioritize to meet deadlines
Other: This successful candidate will be required to work out of our downtown Calgary office.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.