|Programmer Analyst 2|
Programmer Analyst 2
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Desktop and Mobility Services, the Application Support Analyst is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, support, and operation of information systems and technologies critical to the operation of the Water and Waste Department.
As the Programmer Analyst 2 you will:
- Assist with the day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of the Departments information systems.
- Perform departmental help desk functions of problem incident receiving, recording and tracking.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain Water and Waste departmental applications, software and hardware.
- Maintain Active Directory and file permissions.
- Resolve operational difficulties encountered during production program execution.
- Maintain, and support departmental applications.
- Maintain departmental hardware and software inventory records.
- Meet with users to determine the information and processing requirements of requested applications and/or systems.
- Assist in the development of Departmental/City computer standards and policies.
- Prepare status reports reflecting current and projected workloads.
- Perform other duties consistent with this classification.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a directly related field or a reasonable equivalent in training and experience.
- A minimum of one-year experience of maintaining computer hardware and software in a large network environment.
- A minimum of one-year experience of administering a Microsoft Windows network.
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementing computer information systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge with formal problem recording and change management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines and to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of the occupational hazards, safety precautions, regulations and procedures that is applicable to the area of work.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver's License.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented