New Job Program Officer In Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $70,011–$81,101 a year
Location : Yukon
This competition is to fill one (1) term, anticipatory permanent position.
At Tourism and Culture, we are a dynamic team of professionals dedicated to Yukon’s vibrant tourism, arts, heritage and culture, historic sites, and archival communities. We are passionate about our pride in Yukon, the beauty of its land, the character of its people, and the uniqueness of its history and culture.
The Industry Services unit leads sustainable destination management for the Yukon through providing sector-specific research, funding assistance and guidance and support for experience and destination development initiatives. We share tourism perspectives and priorities in Yukon’s land and resource planning processes and our work is guided by the Yukon Tourism Development Strategy. We take pride in collaborating with and supporting Yukon’s vibrant tourism sector, our communities and Yukon First Nations governments and organizations.
Reporting to the Manager, Industry Services, this position reviews and evaluates funding applications to determine client and project eligibility and develops, administers and manages transfer payment agreements. The Program Officer is responsible for reviewing, assessing and processing client reporting and payments in a timely manner ensuring compliance Government of Yukon policies and program guidelines. This position plays a key role in monitoring program budgets, preparing reports and briefings and assessing the success and effectiveness of programs.
For more information about this position, please contact Sarah Marsh, Manager, Industry Services at (867) 667-5632 or [email protected].
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Julie Jakesta, Manager, Human Resources, at (867) 336-8590 or [email protected].
Please do not email resumes to the email address above; resumes may only be accepted through the E-Recruitment application system. To create your E-Recruitment account, click here.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Be specific with how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential qualifications listed below and ensure a month/year format is used throughout your resume. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Post-secondary education in office administration, business administration, or related field;
- Demonstrated experience in administering funding programs, preferably in a government setting;
- Demonstrated experience performing financial information analysis and report preparation;
- Demonstrated experience using and maintaining administrative databases;
- Demonstrated experience providing client services;
- Demonstrated project management experience and experience making recommendations to management is considered an asset.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of relevant post-secondary coursework along with significant experience may be equally considered.
(Prior to applying, you may want to refer to our sample resume to assist you submitting your application.)
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidate should have, and may be assessed on:
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships and provide quality customer service;
- Excellent problem solving, research and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including diplomacy;
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, situations and demands by establishing critical timelines and prioritizing actions;
- Strong organization and time-management skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team environment;
- Strong computer skills using the Office suite of applications.
Learn more about us!
To learn more about the Yukon government, check out: The Talent Attraction Brochure and Working at the Yukon government.
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out: Travel Yukon.