New Job Procurement Clerk In Alberta
Company : Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Salary : $40.04 an hour
Location : Alberta
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Supply Chain Management
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Pay Level: PL7
Start Rate*: $ 40.04
Permanent Rate*: $ 46.89 (Permanent rate effective after twelve (12) months of employment)
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 26/02/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
- All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
Under general supervision, the Procurement Clerk is responsible for administrative duties in support of the procurement process. The incumbent responds to and forwards inquiries and provides assistance to buyers with the daily activities associated with securing purchases for the municipality.
Assists colleagues and supervisors in daily activities related to purchasing, tenders, and contracts.
- Performs administrative duties including but not limited to the preparation of correspondences, faxing, photocopying, and the assembly and distribution of contracts.
- Monitor department email inboxes, responding to or forwarding on inquires as required.
- Respond to internal and external general inquiries regarding processes, purchase orders, vendors, or contracts.
- Proofreads procurement documents for completeness and clarity prior to distribution and maintains accurate and updated tender/contract files.
- Composes and updates reports and logs in spreadsheet software programs.
- Assist with the booking of meetings and preparation of meeting documents.
- Completes research on potential vendors to determine source of service/goods requested and obtains quotes as required.
- Performs data entry of purchase orders in SAP as required.
- Processes and solves problem orders.
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to enter data, create reports, proofread, and identify data processing errors efficiently accurately and expeditiously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines under own initiative.
- Ability to communicate respectfully with colleagues and external clients, providing a high level of customer service.
- Proficient in the use of various Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain working knowledge of all applicable standard operating procedures and trade agreements.
- Works collaboratively and productively with colleagues and actively contributes to team objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Certificate in Office or Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related Certificate program with a focus on logistics or purchasing, combined with three (3) years’ experience in an office environment performing administrative duties is required.
- Diploma in Office or Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related Diploma program with a focus on logistics or purchasing is required, combined with (2) years’ experience in an office environment performing administrative duties is required.
- Previous experience in contract administration or procurement support duties would be considered an asset.
- Completion of, or working towards, a professional purchasing designation (i.e. SCMP, CPPB) is an asset.
- Knowledge of ERP systems is an asset.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, including all policies, practices, procedures, as well as properly utilizing all control measures including the required use of personal protective equipment. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.