|President, Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission|
President, Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
Company : Natural Resources Canada
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
This position is not part of Natural Resources Canada or the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) recruitment. The appointment will be made by the Governor-in-Council and the process is overseen by the Privy Council Office (PCO).
*Applications can only be made through the PCO platform - see link at the bottom of this poster*
About the CNSC: The CNSC is an independent regulatory agency and administrative tribunal, and it has jurisdiction over all nuclear-related activities and substances in Canada. It is responsible for regulating nuclear activities to protect the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment, and to implement Canada’s international commitments on the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
About the position: The President provides strategic leadership to the Commission and stakeholders. The President is also the Chief Executive Officer, and as such, is in charge of setting direction for and managing the broader organization, which employs approximately 900 staff. The President ensures that the Commission operates with appropriate independence from political direction while ensuring sound management and governance practices within the legislation and guidelines of the Government of Canada.
Diversity and Official Languages: We are committed to providing a healthy and accessible workplace that supports one’s dignity, self-esteem and the ability to achieve one’s full potential. With this in mind, all appointees will be expected to take steps to promote and maintain a healthy, respectful, inclusive and harassment-free work environment.
Preference may be given to applicants who are members of one or more of the following groups: women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of a visible minority group.
The Government of Canada will consider bilingual proficiency and diversity in assessing applicants. You are therefore encouraged to include in your online profile your ability to speak and understand your second official language.
What experience are we looking for?
· A degree from a recognized university in a field related to the mandate of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission, such as science, engineering, or health;
· Significant management experience at the executive level in a private or public sector organization that has diverse technical and regulatory dimensions and requires decision-making on complex and sensitive issues;
· Experience managing senior-level scientific, nuclear, health, environmental, energy or engineering organizations, including academic institutions;
· Experience leading and/or supporting transitions or transformational change in an organization; and
· Experience interpreting or applying legislation or regulations.
For full position details and to apply, please visit: https://pcogic.njoyn.com/cl3/xweb/XWeb.asp?NTKN=c&page=JobDetails&clid=52106&JobId=J1222-1386&BRID=197746&BPAC=&lang=1
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $262,800.00-$309,100.00 per year
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ottawa, ON
Application deadline: 2023-02-28