New Job Prep Cook - Banded Peak In Alberta
|Prep Cook - Banded Peak|
Prep Cook - Banded Peak
Company : The Lake Louise Ski Area Ltd
Salary : $20 an hour
Location : Alberta
Come work with us in Lake Louise. Live, Work, Play surrounded by awe-inspiring views!
The Lake Louise Ski Resort is a world-class ski area nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. We are a year-round operation, operating as a ski resort in the winter months and as a wildlife interpretive centre and sightseeing gondola in the summer months.
Whether you want to work indoors or outdoors, no day will ever be the same. As an employee you can expect a great working environment, employee benefits, competitive wages and the experience of a lifetime.
Starting Wage: $20.00 per hour
At present some of our Winter Employee Perks include:
- LLSR lift pass (valued at approx. $1,200)
- Reciprocal discounts with other Ski Resorts
- Free group lessons and discounted private lessons through snow school
- Free LLSR recreational opportunities including guided snowshoe tours and tubing
- Free employee transportation from Lake Louise, Banff and Canmore
- Food and Beverage discounts at designated cafeterias and restaurants
- Friend and Family discounted day passes
- Retail, Rental and Repair discounts
- Staff rates at Skoki Backcountry Lodge
- Complimentary tea, coffee and hot chocolate at designated cafeterias when you provide your own reusable mug
- Employee recognition programs
- Long Service Award programs
- Opportunity for educational growth and development
- Optional subsidized staff housing for full-time employees
- Awesome Staff events, activities, and team building events throughout the season
- RRSP matching contribution depending on length of service
- Extended health care plan depending on length of service
- Year-round employees may be eligible for spousal and family passes
- Employee discounts at Lake Louise Ski Area Daycare, eligibility criteria apply
The Prep Cook is responsible for the preparation of food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner to be used by the Cooks and Chef De Parties for meal completion. The Prep cook will perform a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking, such as chopping ingredients, separating portions, preparing cold foods, making salads and slicing meats.
- Prepare food in accordance with established recipes
- Be reactive to any special dietary needs as requested
- Study menus and exhibit product knowledge
- Identify, label, date and store meats, poultry, produce and dairy products correctly and in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Prepare a variety of ingredients, sauces, baked goods based on the Chef's orders.
- Weigh and measure ingredients and portions.
- Wash, peel and/or cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Communicate any ordering requirements to direct supervisor
- Ensure cleanliness & maintenance of work area at all times
- Dishwashing duties as required
- Ensure quality of product & services offered at all times
- 1-2 years of experience within a professional kitchen
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move food, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of 40-50 pounds.
- Flexibility with scheduled shifts
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure work environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Some positions require beginner to intermediate skiing/snowboarding ability and gear
- Must be efficient and knowledgeable about food preparation needs
- Energetic and self –motivated with a willingness to learn new skills
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- A Police Background Check from your home country or province will be required upon commencement of employment
5 Days On / 2 Days Off – Business level dependent
Kitchen uniform (jacket and pants) which will be provided
Employee to provide non-slip grease resistant footwear in accordance with appearance policy