Company : Irving Business Services
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
J. D. Irving, Limited is a large, diversified conglomerate based in Saint John, New Brunswick with over 15,000 employees in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
We are currently seeking talented individuals to join our team of dedicated professionals within JDI Finance Shared Services. We have the following opportunity available for a Payroll Coordinator. This rewarding role will provide the candidate with the training and opportunity to work in a variety of areas within the Payroll team. The position will provide the candidate growth and learning opportunities, including training in best-in-class tools, required for this role.
- Process bi-weekly or weekly payrolls for hourly and salaried employees
- Process time and data imports on a daily and weekly basis
- Respond to employee, manager and HR staff enquiries
- Verify, maintain and organize payroll information and documentation (i.e. new hires, deductions, salary changes, leave processing, contributions, and terminations)
- Data entry into payroll systems
- Prepare payroll deduction remittances for bargaining units, business partners and providers
- Process payments, pay corrections, retros, and historical adjustments
- Process employee changes, system terminations and Records of Employment
- Process severance pay and retiring allowances
- Maintain information integrity within HRIS and Payroll systems and ensuring accuracy
- Assist in the preparation of T4s, T4As, pension adjustments, and T2200s for year-end balancing
- Report annual vacation carry over balances and calculations of entitlements
- Maintain employee electronic payroll files
- Completed formal post-secondary training in office administration, with a focus in payroll or project administration considered an asset
- 2-3 years of administrative experience
- A minimum of two years of job-related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Payroll Certification through the Canadian Payroll Association would be considered an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solid organization skills and ability to manage time and deadlines
- Able to provide sound judgment and exercise a high level of confidentiality and discretion while working with sensitive and private information
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with both internal and external audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with JD Edwards or ADP is an asset but is not a requirement.
What We Offer
You will be rewarded with a competitive benefit and salary package as well as the opportunity to take part in job related training and development. You will be given the opportunity to grow and develop in your current role as well as being able to progress within the division and entire company. Our head office location offers an employee fitness facility, as well as a café and parking garage.
We appreciate your interest in our company however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.