|Payment Production Officer|
Payment Production Officer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $3,904–$4,579 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
Type of Employment: Term
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 2/22/2023 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
At Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services, we impact every citizen, business and municipality in Nova Scotia. Our mandate is to design and deliver programs and services to meet the needs of our clients and the public good through a culture of excellence. Our vision is to be a recognized leader in service and public protection that delivers trusted, accessible, modern programs, and contributes to Nova Scotia as a safe and desirable place to live, work and do business.
The Operational Accounting Division of the Department of Service NS and Internal Services has an opportunity where you can apply your financial expertise and client service in an environment that offers challenges and values collaborative teamwork and innovative thinking.
About Our Opportunity
The Operational Accounting Division of the Department of Internal Services has an opening that will provide the opportunity to apply your excellent financial expertise and client service in a setting that offers challenges and values collaborative teamwork and innovative thinking.
Under the general direction of the Coordinator Corporate Operational Accounting, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- payment production (cheque/electronic/foreign/recurring - which includes accounts payable, provincial social payments, accounts receivable inflows)
- payment cancellations
- payment replacements
- data entry on computerized accounting and spreadsheet applications
- monitor and reconcile file uploads from departmental sub-systems to SAP
- SAP system testing, support to the provincial financial community
- program areas on business and system processes and as well support to the general public.
In addition, you will coordinate and monitor the accurate and effective use of the Corporate Credit Card Program which includes help desk support, monthly reconciliation and posting to SAP. You will reconcile and follow-up advances, prepare reports from data within SAP based on ad hoc requests and identify data processing problems and improvements.
As part of a team-based environment, you will provide support to the other team members of Operational Accounting and participate on teams assigned to special projects.
Qualifications and Experience
Two (2) years post secondary accounting training and 4 years related experience in financial administration.
- Experience in the interpretation and application of policies and procedures in a large, dynamic, and complex organization is essential.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, to assist you in analyzing and interpreting complex data.
- Strong client focus and excellent interpersonal skills are required to establish effective relationships with a variety of internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated current proficiency in Financial Modules using SAP or comparable large Enterprise Resource Planning Application (ERP).
- You are proficient in the use of PC computer systems, database systems, internet-based applications, spreadsheets, and word-processing packages.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities to effectively manage multiple projects in a high volume, fast pace, team-oriented environment with a strong client service focus using superior organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement, analyze and reconcile accounts and strong troubleshooting skills.
Applicant's must clearly identify how they meet each of the stated qualifications. Failure to do so will disqualify your application.
Candidate’s qualifications and competencies will be assessed using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be accepted in place of education requirements. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and Union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offering and eligibility criteria.
Hours of work will include rotating evening shift within the team.
This is a Term opportunity with an anticipated end date of February 16, 2024.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: TE 20
Salary Range: $1,952.20 - $2,289.53 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected]