New Job Part-Time Bylaw Officer In Alberta
|PART-TIME BYLAW OFFICER|
PART-TIME BYLAW OFFICER
Company : City of Cold Lake
Salary : $28.60 an hour
Location : Alberta
Part-Time Bylaw Officer
With a population of approximately 16,000, Cold Lake is a city that offers a wealth of excitement, adventure and entertainment for all in any season. Hugging the southern shores of Alberta’s seventh largest lake, this recreational paradise can be accessed in summer and winter through western Canada’s largest inland marina. New housing, excellent educational facilities, a multipurpose recreational facility and a college are just a few of the highlights that truly make Cold Lake a community of choice.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
The City of Cold Lake is seeking a qualified individual to fill the permanent, part-time position of Bylaw Officer with the Department of Community Services.
Reporting to the Senior Community Peace Officer, the Bylaw Officer is primarily responsible for the preservation and maintenance of the public peace through enforcing specific municipal bylaws. The Bylaw Officer responds to municipal bylaw complaints, enforcing municipal bylaws, and responding to animal complaints while acting under the municipal bylaw. Duties may include enforcement activities/patrols, record keeping, and assisting with Community Peace Officer related tasks as assigned. This position supplements the work of Community Peace Officers in performing functions that assist in maintaining peace in the community. This position requires flexibility, discipline, professionalism, and good character.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a Municipal Law Enforcement Officer Program or equivalent is considered an asset.
- Must complete and pass a thorough Criminal Records check conducted by the RCMP.
- Must have a Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A strong working knowledge of computer operating systems, especially Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work independently and cooperatively, interact with the general public, be available for flexible shifts, and be comfortable working outdoors.
The City of Cold Lake provides a competitive compensation package to successful candidates, including an exceptional benefits plan, pension plan, and a variety of developmental opportunities.
Interested candidates, please submit a detailed resume including qualifications and past and present work experience. Please include a cover letter describing your experience and abilities with respect to the above listed qualifications, and copies of any relevant certifications. The City of Cold Lake appreciates receiving applications from all qualified individuals; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
This competition will remain open until March 5th, 2023.
Required Certificates :
- CLASS 5 DRIVERS LICENSE
- GRADE 12 DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENT