|Nursing Informatics Specialist|
Nursing Informatics Specialist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $85,241–$98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
Nursing Informatics Specialist
Health and Social Services
This is for one full time permanent position for 75 hours biweekly.
The Nursing Informatics Specialist is a registered nurse with a bachelor’s degree in the field of nursing and advanced knowledge in clinical nursing informatics. This position provided support, education, and expert guidance in the utilization of the application Panorama which is the national pan-Canadian public Health surveillance system application. It also provides support for all affiliated applications such as Excel, Report Builder, Cambian scheduler and e-forms. It identifies gaps in processes between business program areas, facilitates discussions and resolutions. It advocates for the utilization of technology to enhance management of health service provision in a safe, secure manner. It supports quality data for individual health service delivery as well as territorial level surveillance of immunizations and communicable diseases, and management of outbreaks.
This position requires an in-depth level of nursing knowledge and experience related to Public Health, immunizations and communicable diseases, including the understanding nursing processes, standards and regulations, as well as documentation standards for other health care professionals including physicians and pharmacists. It requires an understanding of technical knowledge and processes, with in-depth knowledge of the specific computer application and functionalities.
This position will focus knowledge and responsibilities of applications and business processes, related to immunization, scheduling, Inventory, application access and privacy. This position is required to have a working knowledge of functionalities and support related to investigation and outbreak.
For more information about this job or the program, please contact: Dianne Hart at (867) 336-0154 or [email protected]
For assistance on how to apply on this posting, please contact E-Recruitment Client Support at (867) 667-9453 or [email protected].
For all other questions on this posting, please contact Jaime Strachan at (867) 332-5768 or [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to the email addresses above; applications will only be accepted through the E-Recruitment system. Before you apply, please make sure you are eligible by visiting our E-Recruitment website re: applications.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications listed below – specifically – how your work experiences and related duties align with these essential qualifications. Note that selection for further consideration will be based on the information you provide in your resume, including the use of YG’s “month/year – month/year” formatting standard.
- Current Canadian licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent
- Clinical experience working in communicable disease and/or immunization
- Experience in the utilization of computer applications and information technology
- Experience in providing formal and informal adult education including the development, implementation and evaluation of teaching plans.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Self-awareness and strong leadership ability
- Strong knowledge and experience in communicable disease, immunizations and nursing principles and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent ability to establish effective relationships
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and are able to produce effective results while working independently
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of electronic documentation systems, data extracts, and clinical nursing informatics
- Experience and knowledge in program, policy/guideline development, disease surveillance and basic principles of epidemiology.
Conditions of Employment: Valid class 5 driver’s licence, Security Clearance with vulnerable sector, TB Screening, Current registration with YRNA, WHMIS 2015 (within one month of hire), and YFN 101 course (within one month of hire)
Job Requirements: The position works in an office environment and often travels within Whitehorse for meetings, Trainings, etc. Occasional out-of-territory and within territory travel may be required. Must be able to lift 30lbs as position lifts and transports equipment for trainings such as laptops and presentation kits.