|Manager of Innovation & Technology for Corporate Services (Manager, Data & Applications)|
Manager of Innovation & Technology for Corporate Services (Manager, Data & Applications)
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Reporting to the Director of Innovation & Technology, the Manager of Innovation & Technology for Corporate Services supports innovation and continuous improvement of city services and processes through well-designed data and technologies.
The Manager leads the Innovation & Technology for Corporate Services (ITCS) Division, which implements and operates digital services including applications, data, analytics, process improvement, and desktop & mobility support for departments delivering the city’s corporate services. These departments include Customer Service & Communications, Finance, Assessment & Taxation, Human Resources, Legal Services, Assets & Project Management, and the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer. The ITCS Division also provides digital services for Council and City Clerks.
The ITCS Division is comprised of approximately 60 people organized across 6 branches, and the Division’s annual operating budget for 2022 was approximately $6M. The Division operates on a hybrid work model, and this position is eligible for a flexible work location in the Winnipeg area and flexible hours under the City’s Flexible Workplace Program.
Early priorities for the Manager will include leading the selection and implementation of a customer portal, initiating modernization of assessment and taxation applications, developing a roadmap for the division’s application portfolio, maturing business process improvement capabilities, improving data management and analytics capabilities, and enabling full adoption of the Office365 collaboration platform by client departments.
This is a compelling opportunity for an innovative and experienced leader seeking a mandate to enable public services with high quality modern digital capabilities in a complex operating environment.
As the Manager of Innovation & Technology for Corporate Services, you will:
- Contribute to strategic and financial planning for the department.
- Lead and develop high performing teams and people.
- Manage data enabling corporate city services and support interdepartmental coordination of data management
- Manage the implementation and operation of applications enabling corporate city services and support coordination of interdepartmental application management
- Manage the analysis of opportunities, problems, and processes, and proposal of business solutions for corporate city services.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a management, business, or technology-focused discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- PROSCI, PMI, IIBA, TOGAF, ISACA, ITIL or comparable certifications are an asset
- 11 years' progressive experience including business analysis, project management, change management, application management, software development, product management, data science, innovation, or technology roles.
- Experience managing client relationships with a complex portfolio of applications and data integrations
- Experience leading staff, giving guidance and use supervisory and management techniques
- Experience negotiating and influencing in order to impact decisions, solve problems and advance opportunities.
- Experience with project management and change management methods, practices and procedures.
- Financial management experience including financial planning, budgeting and financial monitoring is desired.
- Experience with strategic planning and setting priorities based on organizational mandates and initiatives is desired
- Written communication skills including the ability to write politically sensitive and confidential material.
- Verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to create and promote a healthy workplace culture. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities and circumstances as well as the ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of the organizations mandate, policies and objectives, as well as the political and administrative structure of the City of Winnipeg is desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain staff morale, foster, develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships with teams, partnerships and alliances.
Conditions of employment:
- Legal eligibility to work in Canada.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented