New Job Manager Of Economic Development & Projects In New Brunswick
|Manager of Economic Development & Projects|
Manager of Economic Development & Projects
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
The Town of Riverview is currently recruiting for a Manager of Economic Development & Projects.
The Manager of Economic Development & Projects is responsible for high level strategic initiatives for the Town of Riverview. This managerial position ensures that projects, programs, and services respond to the strategic priorities of the Town. In addition, the Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring economic development initiatives and fostering economic development opportunities for the Town of Riverview.
This role will be responsible for leading corporate project initiatives, identified as priorities by the CAO, in collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders. These corporate projects could be new initiatives that are being evaluated, explored, and developed. This position will develop a plan and approach on how these new initiatives and programs are integrated within the existing Town organization. The Manager of Economic Development & Projects will be the Town’s primary employee engaged with, actively participating in, and representing, the Town’s interest in current and future regional and provincial economic activities; including staff relationship with regional economic development committees; the immigration partnership; the Greater Moncton economic development team; etc. This position will play an active role in partnering with regional and provincial partners to foster and promote economic development growth and benefits for Riverview. The success candidate will also oversee the development of statistical and demographic information relevant to the Town’s economic development objectives.
This position will report to the Director of Development and Legislative Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing, Commerce, Project Management or Economic Development.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in an economic/community development role working with medium to large scale development projects.
- Minimum of three (3) years of management experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Knowledge of and direct experience with employing motivational techniques to facilitate active involvement of stakeholders for new initiatives.
- Superior English communication skills including presentation and document writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience in both grant research and proposal preparation.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with elected officials, community groups, staff and the general public.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sectors Check to meet Town standards.
Economic Engagement and activities including but not limited to:
- Representing, participating and actively involved with the Greater Moncton Economic Development team.
- Participate in the development of the regional economic development strategy and its various initiatives to deliver on the strategy’s objectives and goals.
- Representing, participating and actively involved with regional committees including but not limited to: Labour Partnership, Immigration Committee, etc.
- Promote Riverview within the regional and provincial partners and business community for its economic development potential.
- Ensure that the Town is represented and supported by the Regional economic development agencies and teams.
- Ensure that the regional economic entities and initiatives report on not only regional KPIs but also specific KPIs to highlight to Council and residents the benefits of the regional economic activities.
- Develop material and content to promote the development opportunities within Riverview.
- Work directly with the Development Community in Riverview to foster growth and development through the research and development of a sound economic development strategy.
- Collaborate with the Community Development Team within the Town, who is responsible for fostering relationships with the local businesses’ community.
- Develop strategies and operational plans to support the growth of the Town and ensure support services are in place to ensure newcomers are integrating into our community.
- Plan, lead, coordinate, and oversee the projects and deliverables.
- Identify program/project milestones, critical success factors, and resource requirements.
- Ensure that risks are proactively identified with mitigation strategies developed and monitored while also ensuring that project issues are resolved and appropriately escalated; maintain data related to key risks and issues including the status and progress.
- Engage project stakeholders regularly by keeping them informed of delivery progress, risks and issues and manage expectations on deliverables.
- Manage budgets and align project deliverables to expected business benefits.
- Analyze, problem solve, and research project elements as required.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction for project management.
- Ensure the Town’s economic development statistics are regular updated and reported to the public and Council.
- Be prepared to complete research projects, business case analysis, and other corporate projects and assessment from the CAO.
- Be prepared to complete funding applications for the Town (infrastructure applications; grant applications; operational grant applications etc.).
- Monitor and report the financial and operational activities of the department aligned to the strategic plan.
- Explore potential partnerships, efficiencies and funding sources that might serve to enhance the services offered by the municipality.
- Manage the identification and development of mitigation plans regarding potential financial, operational, safety and environmental risks, ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to within the department.
- Manage the development, monitoring and reporting of budgets and participate in the annual Strategic Advisory Group, budget process, e.g., ensure that all expenditures are tracked, all activities are within operational budgets, ensure any potential budget difficulties are communicated to the Mayor, and corrected in a timely manner.
- Participate in the exploration of forward-thinking partnership and funding opportunities, cost and operating efficiencies.
Incumbent may be required to work non-traditional hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. The work may be carried out in various locations and/or Town Facilities.
Closing date: February 19, 2023.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-19