|Manager, Budget and Financial Planning|
Manager, Budget and Financial Planning
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $105,342–$119,511 a year
Location : Nunavut
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
The Government of Nunavut was selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and Top Employer for Young People and recent graduates in 2022. With one of the fastest growing and youngest populations in Canada, Nunavut is a dynamic, vibrant territory, committed to becoming an even better place for future generations. As a government, we are strengthening our unique model of governance - one that integrates Inuit societal values, promotes use of the Inuktut language, achieves a representative public service, and collaborates with partners to achieve the promise of Nunavut. Successful applicants will enjoy a competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, continuous service bonuses, relocation support, and opportunities for training and career advancement.
The Nunavut Housing Corporation is an agency of the Government of Nunavut which serves the housing needs of one of the fastest growing populations in Canada. NHC’s mandate is to create, co-ordinate, and administer housing programs to provide fair access to a range of affordable housing options to families and individuals in Nunavut. NHC has recently launched The Nunavut 3000 Strategy, (www.igluliuqatigiingniq.ca) which is a collaboration between the government and its partners to deliver 3,000 new units across the housing continuum by 2030.
Reporting to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the Manager, Budgeting and Financial Planning is responsible for developing and managing long and short-range capital and Operations and Maintenance planning, developing budget standards and providing financial planning for the Corporation.
Key responsibilities of the successful candidate will also include:
- Developing the annual Corporate Capital Plan, Business Plan, Operation Plan and Main Estimates;
- Evaluating proposed policies and analyzing financial data and reports to determine impacts on the NHC and GN Main Estimates and financial and capital plans;
- Monitoring corporate cash management and investing surplus funds; and
- Administering contributions and completing auditing and reporting requirements.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a recognized degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Budgeting, or Finance and four (4) years of working experience in financial planning. A professional accounting designation (CPA) is considered an asset.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktut, English and French. Applicants may submit their resume in any of the official languages of Nunavut. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages would be considered an asset. Knowledge of Inuit communities, culture, land, Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit, Inuktut, and experience working in a northern cross-cultural environment are also considered assets.
Acceptable combinations of education and experience may be considered for this position. We encourage you to apply if you have equivalent years of education and/or experience equal to the education and experience requirements listed above.
An eligibility list may be created to fill other current and future vacancies with the Nunavut Housing Corporation in any of the communities located across Nunavut.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the reference # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a representative workforce; therefore, priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit who self-identify as being enrolled under the Nunavut Agreement in accordance with the Priority Hiring Policy.
- Government of Nunavut employees serving a probationary period must obtain and provide written authorization from the deputy head of their employing department. The authorization from the deputy head must accompany your application for your application to be considered.
- Possession of a criminal record may not disqualify candidates from being considered. An assessment of the criminal record will be measured against the scope and duties of the position. This is only a requirement for positions that require a satisfactory criminal record or vulnerable sector check.
- Applicants may submit their resume in any of the Official Languages of Nunavut.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The onus is on candidates in receipt of foreign post-secondary education credentials to have their foreign credentials assessed through a recognized Canadian education institution. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of their application.
CONTACT: Nunavut Housing Corporation Government of Nunavut PO Box 1000, Station 1400 Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0
Phone: (613) 292-8115 Email: [email protected]