New Job Maintenance Technician In New Brunswick
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Proudly headquartered in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Universal Properties, a division of the J.D. Irving, Limited companies have plants, terminals, operations and sales office throughout Canada and in the United States. We are a dynamic, rapidly growing and successful group with diverse interests. Our companies operate in Canada and the United States. We're proud to be part of the larger Irving Group of Companies, a family owned business whose commitment to quality products and services dates back 141 years.
Universal Properties is seeking a Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and as part of a team.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Perform general building repairs such as replacing burned-out lightbulbs, ceiling tiles, painting, fixing wall damage, etc.
- Perform regular building inspections and walkthroughs and report all issues or concerns to the Maintenance Manager.
- Enter maintenance issues and complete assigned tasks in the maintenance log; review the maintenance log at least twice daily.
- Monitor building meeting room calendars daily and perform required meeting room setup including but not limited to chair and table configurations.
- Provide additional meeting room materials as requested by the meeting organizer.
- Assist with special events set up and tear down as requested.
- Competent in diagnosing and solving common maintenance issues related to but not exclusive to plumbing, drywall, carpentry, door hardware, and painting.
- General knowledge/understanding of building systems, including controls, HVAC, mechanical and electrical is an asset.
- WHMIS – Dangerous Goods Certification required.
- High School diploma required; Technical Diploma in a Mechanical or Electrical trade is considered an asset.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience is a considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Teams.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize.
- First Aid/First Responder Certificate an asset.
The successful applicant will be working inside a climate-controlled building but will also be required to work outdoors in the heat, cold, rain and snow. A supplied uniform is required to be worn.
The successful applicant will be required to lift 25 pounds frequently and occasionally up to 50 pounds. The job entails walking, sitting, standing, reaching and climbing using a ladder, bending and twisting.
What We Offer:
- A dynamic, safe, and rewarding work environment on a high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow your career
- Free parking and on-site fitness center
- On-site Cafeteria
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health, drug and dental, life, critical illness, disability insurance, as well as Group RSP with matching contributions
- Free access to Medicalux Clinic providing private Nurse Practitioner services to you and your immediate family – located in Dieppe
- Free access to Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee discount programs which include reimbursement for gym memberships, preferential rates for personal insurance, cell phones, hotel and car rentals
- Free access to over 4000 Skillsoft on demand e-learning courses as part of our commitment to learning and development.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online with an up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Universal Properties Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.