|Library Service Assistant 3|
Library Service Assistant 3
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Reporting to the Support Services Supervisor, you will order, receive, and invoice new library materials, as well as monitor vendor-supplied MARC bibliographic records, or add new MARC records when vendor cannot supply.
As the Support Services Technician, you will:
- Ensure the correct receipt of new adult, young adult, and juvenile print and audio-visual materials.
- Maintain the Integrated Library System (ILS) database (Horizon/SirsiDynix) by importing vendor-supplied MARC bibliographic records.
- Submit orders electronically for adult, young adult, and juvenile print and audio-visual materials.
- Perform original or copy cataloguing of designated materials or specialty collections.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the ILS database.
- Perform other duties consistent with the classification as assigned.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Library Technician Diploma (2 year).
- Working knowledge of standard cataloguing, classification, and authority rules and standards, such as RDA, DDC, MARC, and LCSH.
- Knowledge of the SirsiDynix Horizon ILS and its cataloguing module would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to use web-based tools and resources.
- Demonstrated ability in basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to type 40 w.p.m.
- Ability to work accurately with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to follow procedures while remaining flexible to ongoing revisions of standards and library procedures.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 20 kg
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members and library suppliers.
- Knowledge of the French language would be an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sector) Satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidates(s), at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position (i.e. Must be able to lift boxes and equipment weighing 20-25 pounds, and set up tables and chairs in meeting rooms)
- The successful applicant will be required to complete job specific training required for this position as directed.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented