Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
About The Opportunity
Shermco Canada is seeking a motivated and safety-minded Journeyman Electrician to join our Saskatchewan Electrical Services team in Regina. Our Electrical Services team provides electrical construction, maintenance, and specialty services and solutions to our many clients in industrial sectors such as Utility, Mining, Oil & Gas, Technology and many more. From 24v to 230kV, our team does it all.
Since 1974, Shermco has become North America’s largest and fastest-growing NETA-accredited electrical testing organization. Our focus is to make sure electrical power systems are functioning properly and safely. Add to that our Professional Engineering Group, Rotating Machinery Division, Renewable Energy Services, and Field Repair and local Repair Service Centers, places Shermco in a position to handle all things electrical. All done with an emphasis on safety and client service. That’s why we say… if it’s in the electrical power system, Shermco does it.
Backed by Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on profitably growing and competitively enhancing middle-market companies in partnership with experienced management, Shermco is poised for the next decade and beyond.
Shermco Canada is seeking a Journeyman Electrician in Regina, SK
Join our electrical operations team in Regina the Journeyman Electrician will provide construction and maintenance services to our clients. Should be available to work in the city and out-of-town.
- Construct, alter, repair and test all electrical components that are integral to the operations of industrial activities
- Install new and maintain low and high-voltage equipment
- Work in industrial work settings
- Work around energized power and control equipment
- Determine appropriate selection of materials
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Registered electrical apprentice or Red Seal Interprovincial Journeyman Ticket
- Experience in Commercial/Industrial Setting
- Industrial facility safe work qualifications
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must have a valid driver's license and able to maintain a clean abstract
- Must be available to work out-of-town and regular overnight travel
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, professionalism and accountability
- Analytical, time management, and logical decision-making capabilities
- Calm, positive attitude under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- An aptitude and willingness to learn and proven initiative
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Shermco System Integration employees, or to Shermco System Integration resume database will be considered Shermco property. Shermco will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.