Company : Irving Tissue
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands.
- Hardware and software support
- Computer and printer setup
- Phone system administration, including Company cell phones
- Hardware inventory tracking
- Basic user account support, including assisting users in understanding and accessing systems
- Responsible for the server room and network closets, including server backup, network connectivity, UPS systems, coordinating wiring contractors, and basic server administration
- Provide support for site projects, balancing site needs with ITD administrative and security practices
- Site contact for ITD projects that impact areas of responsibility.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar environment
- Technical certifications are valued but not required
- Possesses ability and willingness to help solve problems
- Strong people skills, team-oriented, customer service-oriented, engages others (i.e., staff, operators, engineers, corporate, vendors) effectively in dealing with problems and solutions
- Ability to teach, mentor, coach, develop, and follow-up
- Enjoys fast pace and multiple competing priorities
- Aggressive pursuit of self-development
- A change agent who uses resources effectively in pursuit of long-range plans and goals toward continuous improvement
- Manufacturing experience preferred but not required
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Provides desk side support for hardware & software issues
- Application support
- Driver and patch updates
- Support the video conference system and projectors
- Support and configure Fork Truck VMU devices
- Escalate printer issues to the support vendor
- Enterprise One
- Security requests and resets
- BI tools
- Microsoft applications
- Computer deployments and moves.
- Install software, manage licencing
- Maintain the hardware and software inventory tracking
- Execute the yearly plan – purchase, migrate, install
- Manage printers – purchase, migrate, install
- Manage the inventory – purchase, migrate, decommission phones and iPads
- Work with Verizon & local purchasing to establish a cost-effective cellular plan
- Purchase necessary peripherals
- Audit and approve the Verizon invoice
- Provide support for user base
- Desk phone moves, adds, and feature changes
- Manage the phone/voicemail system and ensure uptime
- Manage the spare phone inventory
- Escalate issues to the telco or phone system vendor
- Maintain the security and cleanliness of the server room
- Ensure the integrity of site servers
- Monitor and maintain backups, restoring files as needed
- Monitor and maintain the server room UPS and power systems
- Maintain the security and cleanliness of network closets
- Track switch port usage and wiring changes
- Monitor and maintain the network closet UPSs
- Manage the network cabling and coordinate with wiring contractors
- Act as the gatekeeper for all work that is transferred to IT division via SR and PR process.
- Prioritize open tickets
- Investigate each user’s request for support and decide if there is a solution possible
- Decide the appropriate avenue to the solution either locally or through IT Division.
- Develop the justification and priority of the request
- Communicate progress and budget to management and users
- Manage through to completion
- Gather / document requirements from Vendor
- Submit forms, purchase orders and documents to IT Division
- Test user log on and initial connection with vendor
- Work with vendor and ITD to resolve any issues
- Support Engineers with process control network as needed
- Provide networking knowledge and assistance to site network plan
- Coordinate between ITD networking and site Engineering for process network requirements
What We Offer
Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don’t meet every requirement? Research has shown that many people only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Tissue, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we’re looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.