New Job Intermediate Conveyance Project Engineer (Water) In Manitoba
|Intermediate Conveyance Project Engineer (Water)|
Intermediate Conveyance Project Engineer (Water)
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible and help reinvent tomorrow. Our work meaningfully improves the livability and connectivity of our local communities, with a focus on building and strengthening an equitable, diverse, and inclusive society. Whether it’s for treating water, hosting businesses, or connecting our world, solutions are continuously being implemented. What we do is more than consulting; we play a part in moving a vision from concept to reality. We work every day to create the spaces people live in and the infrastructure to improve their lives.
If you want to join a company where you can have tangible impact and are interested in working with industry leading experts, an opportunity exists to join our dynamic and growing team in Winnipeg, MB, one of Canada’s most culturally diverse cities, as an Intermediate Conveyance Project Manager. Here you will support the delivery of projects and programs for our clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
You will have the chance to grow your technical and project management skills by work with members of our team to deliver ongoing and upcoming projects in the water industry. You will play a key role in growing the local office by establishing long term client relationships, supporting our business development activities, and mentoring junior staff.
You will draw on the knowledge of our technical subject matter experts to lead or support pumping station design, and drinking water distribution and wastewater collection systems planning, modeling, and design. Your experience in hydraulics will be used to produce meaningful solutions to local, regional, and national treatment project challenges based on applicable regulations, and established standards and software. You will participate in or supervise the development of water industry related engineering proposals, studies, reports, drawings, specifications, contract documents, proposals, and cost estimates with minimal direction; and provide construction administration services and field engineering services during construction as needed.
You will also have the opportunity to manage projects, leading the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, and other requirements stated in the contract.
You’ll be working mainly from home (unless you prefer coming into the office), with the expectation to travel for client /site meetings and occasional team meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Licensed (or eligible to be licensed) as a professional engineer in the Province of Manitoba within 6-12 months
- Progressive engineering experience working on municipal and industrial water industry projects, or similar water industry public- or private-sector experience
- Demonstrated understanding of conveyance pipeline design, and water/wastewater pump station design
- Experience delivering design projects and construction-phase engineering services
- Experience preparing proposals for competitive bids
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, self motivation, and the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Class 5 (intermediate or full) license (or equivalent), and a willingness and ability to travel to project sites inaccessible by public transit
- Based in Winnipeg, Manitoba (or able to relocate to Winnipeg within 2 months)
Ideally You’ll Also Have:
- 5+ years of directly applicable experience working with municipal clients in engineering or project management roles
- 5+ years working in a consulting engineering environment
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in one of the Canadian provinces
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple disciplines on projects, including the ability to successfully manage scope, schedule, and budget
- Experience with hydraulic modelling software (e.g. InfoWorks)
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.